Indonesian President Joko Widodo on Thursday regrets the USA decision to move their embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, acknowledging the contested city as the Israeli capital.
Widodo has condemned the US plan to do so as it would further create instability in the Middle East.
The Foreign Ministry has condemned the decision by United States President Donald Trump to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital, saying that as a democratic country, "the U.S. should know what democracy means".
Malaysia's Foreign Ministry released a statement urging the U.S.to reconsider its decision, citing Jerusalem's large Arab population.
Meanwhile, Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi said democracy means respecting worldwide law.
"Indonesia will always stand with Palestine", she said to the delegations of 99 countries, including the U.S., in Serpong, Tangerang.
Trader's Buzzer: OSI Systems Inc (OSIS)
Pacad Investment Limited holds 0.04% or 3,500 shares in its portfolio. 30,821 are owned by First Bancshares Of Omaha. EV is generally a modification of market cap, as it incorporates debt and cash for assessing a firm's valuation.
Marsudi added that Indonesia will always be together with the Palestinians to support the rights that have been taken away by Israel.
Trump defended his decision by saying the USA can not solve problems by making the same failed assumptions and repeating the same failed strategies of the past 70 years.
The announcement went further than previous U.S. administrations were willing to go following passage of a law in the U.S.in 1995 calling for the U.S. Embassy in Israel to be moved inland from the Mediterranean city of Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
"Trump is drawing the ire of Muslims around the world", MUI Vice Chairman Zainut Tauhid said. While Israel celebrates the move (and Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu calls it "a historic day"), Palestinians are furious and emphasize that there can only be a peace deal if east Jerusalem becomes recognized as the capital of the independent Palestinian state (although there remains the possibility of the establishment of a two-state solution, meaning Jerusalem would become capital of both Israel and an independent Palestine).
Barack Obama, Trump's predecessor, called Jerusalem Israel's capital in a campaign speech, but upon winning the White House followed the example of earlier presidents by signing a waiver postponing official recognition.
- NGT says AoL damaged Yamuna floodplain, but limits cost to Rs 5cr
- Paul George, Jerami Grant out vs. Brooklyn Nets in Mexico City
- Farenthold sexual harassment allegations to be investigated by House ethics panel
- What's Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG) Downside After Forming Double Bottom?
- Manchester United Will Miss Paul Pogba In Derby, Says Fernandinho
- Pfizer Inc. (PFE)'s Stock Formed A Several Months Double Top Pattern
- Demi Lovato Slams TIME for Almost Naming Trump Person of the Year
- Uber licence suspended in British city
- Western Digital (WDC) Downgraded to "Sell" at BidaskClub
- Irrfan Khan honoured at Dubai Film Fest