A Fortnite Battle Royale 50 vs 50 mode has been announced at The Game Awards, with the chaotic new addition to the hugely popular multiplayer game being made available for a limited time only. The mode was one of the many surprises unveiled during tonight's Game Awards, where developer Epic debuted its first trailer.
The 50-vs-50 mode is only around for the next 10 days and will end on December 17, so players should get as much playing time in the new mode as they can before it disappears. While these updates have been well-received, some fans are still waiting to see cross-play added back to Fortnite after it was removed earlier this year.
Death Stranding's New Trailer Shows A Baby Inside Norman Reedus
The 3rd annual Game Awards, honoring the best in video games in 2017, are broadcasting live from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.
Are you looking forward to playing the new mode? It remains to be seen, however, if this mode will truly rival battle royale's development.
The gist is that two teams will duke it out until the last team is standing, and the mode is available now. This will set Fortnite apart from PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, which has capped its team size at 8 in custom matches. It's 50v50 and freely available in the Fortnite Battle Royale portion of the game.
- YouTube to launch Spotify rival streaming music service in 2018
- Philippe Coutinho finally answers questions over his future at Liverpool
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild Champion's Ballad expansion out now
- Fade to Silence Braves the Elements Next Week
- Fallen Kingdom' Trailer Is Finally Here
- Polish PM Beata Szydlo replaced by finance minister
- IDF Retaliates with Tank Fire for Gaza Rockets; No Injuries
- Facebook Live can now broadcast Messenger games
- Famous director sued for allegedly raping underage boy
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will enter PUBG 1.0 launch on December 20