The central bank is widely expected to keep policy rates unchanged tomorrow and will stay focused on controlling inflation, experts said.
The Sensex, which had lost 100 points in early trade, continued its slide and fell 205.26 points, to 32,597.18. At about 9.30 am, the Sensex was up 156.25 points or 0.47 per cent at 33,105.46 while the NSE Nifty rose 0.48 per cent or 48.95 points to 10,215.65.
The wider Nifty hit a low of 10,033.35 before finishing at 10,044.10, down 74.15 points or 0.73 percent.
Meanwhile, services sector activity slipped into the contraction territory during November, post the implementation of the Goods and Service Tax (GST) that led to sluggish demand and lower customer turnout, a monthly survey said. PSU banks like SBI gained on expectations that the government would soon reveal details of a recapitalisation plan.
Penn State football's Saquon Barkley wins Silver Football for second-straight year
He did score a league-high 21 touchdowns but finished fourth in the Big Ten in rushing yards, with 1,134, behind a suspect line. The victor of both of those awards will be announced Thursday night during the College Football Awards show on ESPN at 7 p.m.
"Markets will now look out for the Gujarat election outcome".
In broader markets, the BSE Midcap and BSE Smallcap indices were up 0.7% and 0.9%, respectively. DIIs had bought shares worth Rs 995.11 crore, while foreign funds sold shares to the tune of Rs 1,217.92 crore yesterday, the provisional exchange data showed. Japan's Nikkei advanced 1.45%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng went up 0.29%, while China's Shanghai Composite Index surrendered 0.67%. Other companies that stood among the pack of gainers on the Sensex include Asian Paints, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Steel, Bajaj Auto, NTPC, Larsen and Toubro, ICICI Bank, Hindustan Unilever, State Bank of India, Tata Motors, Lupin, Adani Ports, Hero MotoCorp, Power Grid and Infosys, rising up to 3.29%.
European markets too saw a weak trend. Frankfurt's DAX 30 fell 0.08 percent while Paris CAC 40 shed 0.26 percent in their early deals.
- Gary Bettman announces National Hockey League is open to expansion process in Seattle
- Firewatch developer reveals next game In The Valley of the Gods
- Langbroek in race for LNP leadership
- Fallen Kingdom' Trailer Is Finally Here
- YouTube to launch Spotify rival streaming music service in 2018
- Grassley Intensifies Probe Into Anti-Trump Bias at Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild Champion's Ballad expansion out now
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will enter PUBG 1.0 launch on December 20
- Bayonetta 3 Coming to Switch, Along with Bayoneta 1&2
- Palestinians say they won't meet with Pence