After news broke Monday that Tarantino had pitched a concept for a new Star Trek film to Star Trek reboot director J.J. Abrams, and that Abrams and Paramount were planning to assemble a writers room to hash-out Tarantino's idea, more Tarantino Trek news has arrived.
Tarantino is still hoping to be the director since he's a huge Star Trek fan himself.
Lilac Fire: Wildfire Breaks Out In Fallbrook, San Diego
Among the evacuated sites were Bonsall High School, Sullivan Middle School and the Rancho Monserate Country Club. The Lilac Fire erupted at the Old Highway 395 cross of Dublin Road just after 11 a.m., Cal Fire said.
Secondly, the film will be written by Mark L. Smith, best known for writing the bear-on-Leonardo DiCaprio hardcore film The Revanant, and that, perhaps, is the most worrying detail to emerge in the last few days.
Movie studios typically see R ratings as a drag on ticket sales because they exclude teenagers, which is why movies in tent pole franchises like "Star Trek" and "Star Wars" are nearly universally rated PG or PG-13. The latest film, Star Trek Beyond, arrived in theaters a year ago, received generally positive reviews, and grossed $343.5 million at the worldwide box office. His next film, which is set around the Charles Manson murders, is set at Sony and was given an August 2019 release date, coinciding with the 50th anniversary of the murder of Sharon Tate and four others on August 9, 1969. During his appearance at the Nerdist Podcast, he talked about the episode that fascinated him. Of all the odd details about this film, this, to me, is the strangest: Tarantino has always written his own screenplays, and it's weird that he'd want someone else to write the script for his Star Trek film. "I actually think that is not only one of the great space stories, but the way it dealt with the mythology of the whole thing - that actually could bare a two-hour treatment". Knowing Tarantino, it should be violent but entertaining at the same time. "But what ends up happening is - because they screwed up with the timeline, everything changes". Let us know in the comments. Smith is reportedly the frontrunner to get the gig, which would be significant as the first person to co-write a screenplay for a Tarantino-directed film since Roger Avary co-wrote Pulp Fiction. Are you excited for what's sure to be a Star Trek unlike anything we've ever seen before?
- Ford set to strike a deal with Alibaba
- Confidence in Bill Barrett (NYSE:BBG) Shares by Imperial Capital Fall
- Kate Winslet Says Woody Allen Really Gets Women
- Some elements in Buhari's govt planning to disrupt our convention - PDP
- Argentine judge orders arrest of ex-president Cristina Kirchner for treason
- Trump Calls on Saudi to End Yemen Blockade
- Vietnam Veterans pay respects on the 76th anniversary of Pearl Harbor
- Top Performer of the day: Lowe's Companies, Inc. (LOW)
- Recent Insiders Bustle: Array BioPharma Inc. (ARRY), Bazaarvoice, Inc. (BV)
- Sign-ups pick up in week 5 of 2018 Obamacare open enrollment