The Award is given annually to the most versatile player in college football. The victor of both of those awards will be announced Thursday night during the College Football Awards show on ESPN at 7 p.m. He is a finalist for the Maxwell Award, the Doak Walker Award, and the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award. The Doak Walker Award is given to the country's top running back.
Teammate Marcus Allen also came out with another tweet of support after Bryce Love won the Walker Award as the nation's top back.
All things considered, Barkley was worthy of national recognition.
Penn State running back Saquon Barkley was named Thursday as the victor of the Chicago Tribune Silver Football as the outstanding player in the Big Ten for the second straight year.
Top Performer of the day: Lowe's Companies, Inc. (LOW)
The stock of Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE:LOW) has "Buy" rating given on Thursday, November 19 by Argus Research. The investor is now holding 23,439,808 shares thanks to an increase of 4,449,781 new shares in their portfolio.
Barkley called his selection an honor.
Barkley and his family will be honored on March 7, 2018 at the annual Paul Hornung Award Banquet at the Galt House.
Barkley's 594 receiving yards are second-most among running backs, his 16 scrimmage plays of 30 yards or more rank third nationally, and the junior's 28.4 yards per kick return are third-best among Power 5 players.
Mayfield leads No. 2 Oklahoma into the College Football Playoff as the country's premier passer. He also threw a touchdown pass. He did score a league-high 21 touchdowns but finished fourth in the Big Ten in rushing yards, with 1,134, behind a suspect line.
- Geoff Keighley Teases Major New Announcement at The Game Awards
- Mariners get speedy Dee Gordon from Marlins in trade
- Theo Walcott Could Be Set For Premier League Switch, Next Month
- Senate passes spending bill, moves one step closer to avoiding shutdown
- Confidence in Bill Barrett (NYSE:BBG) Shares by Imperial Capital Fall
- Lindsay Lohan wants return to music
- Convenience Store Installs Anti-Drug Lights To Deter Heroin Use In Bathrooms
- New arrest in shooting death of 'good Samaritan' Yosif Al-Hasnawi
- Skirball Fire in Sepulveda Pass About 20 Percent Contained, One Firefighter Injured
- Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT) Shares Bought by Brighton Jones LLC