Jos-Kidnappers of the former Minister of Sports and Plateau State Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chairman, Damishi Sango, have reportedly called the family to demand N100 million ransom, the state PDP Publicity Secretary, John Akans, has confirmed.
It was gathered that the former PDP guber aspirant, who left his house in Jos in the afternoon of Wednesday for the party's National convention slated for Saturday, was stopped by his abductors before he was taken away alongside his driver to an unidentified area.
Sango, and his entire entourage were said to be on their way to Abuja ahead of the PDP's December 9 national convention.
"Yes, it is true, the abductors of Hon Damishi T. Sango are demanding a ransom of N100m", he said.
China exports jumped in November as import gains signal strength
Despite the overall strength of the November data, imports could come under pressure as China's economy cools, analysts say. Crude oil demand also increased, lifting to 37.04 million tonnes from 31.03 million tonnes a month earlier.
Sango was abducted with his companions along Jere-Kagarko road in Kaduna state while travelling in a Lexus jeep which has now been stationed at the Jere police station.
A family member, Mr Jonathan Mapis, who spoke on the issue, said that the victims were abducted "around 5.30 p.m". When they discovered that he was a party Chairman, they made such a demand, thinking there is money. "They used his phone to reach the family", the source said. I woke up this morning with a lot of missed calls and when I called his personal assistant, he broke the news that Chairman was kidnapped on his way to Abuja.
Earlier on Thursday, Aliyu Mukhtar, spokesman of the Kaduna command, told TheCable that the police received a distress call around 6pm on Wednesday.
"The incident happened in Jere, Kaduna State, and is not under my jurisdiction".
- Murty remains interim Rangers boss as McInnes stays at Aberdeen
- Federal Bureau of Investigation director defends agency amid criticism for Donald Trump
- Crown Castle International Corporation (NYSE:CCI): Going Behind the Numbers
- What's Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG) Downside After Forming Double Bottom?
- Virat and Anushka: Wedding speculation rages as the couple leaves India
- India assures its stand on Palestine is 'independent'
- Rite Aid Corporation (RAD) Analysts See $-0.02 EPS
- Gareth Morgan Investments Limited Partnership Decreases Position in Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM)
- Woman's body washes ashore at Juhu Beach
- Pentagon has no plans to evacuate U.S. dependents from South Korea