He helped United to get back on the trophy trail with winning goals in the Community Shield and EFL Cup final, while also putting them on the path to Europa League glory.
Pogba played in the 2-1 midweek victory over CSKA Moscow but a three-game ban will see him missing from Sunday's visit of Pep Guardiola's men, and Mata stated though he will be sorely missed he is sure someone will step up in his place.
"If we can get out of the Christmastime with all the points then we could be happy because it means we will be in a better position than we are now".
Hopefully, Jose Mourinho has a masterplan to cope without Pogba and United can pull off an unexpected and hugely important win in the context of the title race. "We would love to be first in the table right now but I think we are doing lots of good things." .
"We are doing what we have to do", the Spain worldwide said ahead of this weekend's "special game".
Five frontier states in east to get border security grid: Rajnath Singh
In the past, the home minister has had similar meeting with chief ministers of states having borders with Pakistan, China and Myanmar.
Mourinho made comments that evoked the signature scene in the classic movie "A Few Good Men", as gave status updates on six of his players, one of which, Nemanja Matic was previously thought to be injured to a degree of severity that he might have to miss the Manchester Derby. "I think that team won't be jumping with happiness to play against us".
"It's a insane league and it's too early to think that it's finished - from City, they will tell you the same".
"Now, especially on Sunday and during Christmastime, which we all know how hard it is to win every single game, we need to keep that pace if we want to be in a position to challenge for the title at the end of the season".
With the winter transfer window about to reopen next month, manager Jose Mourinho is eager to strengthen his midfield area in order to keep up with the pace of Manchester City.
Asked to provide a fitness update on his squad, Mourinho told reporters at Old Trafford: "Do you want the truth? Hopefully we can do it".
- Western Digital (WDC) Downgraded to "Sell" at BidaskClub
- Former SMU head coach Ron Meyer dies at the age of 76
- Southern California utility may shut down power lines to prevent fires
- China exports jumped in November as import gains signal strength
- Virat and Anushka: Wedding speculation rages as the couple leaves India
- RK Nagar nomination rejected, Vishal mourns 'death of democracy'
- Manchester United Will Miss Paul Pogba In Derby, Says Fernandinho
- China urges calm as N.Korea rattles sabres
- Federal Bureau of Investigation director defends agency amid criticism for Donald Trump
- Kidnappers of Plateau PDP chairman 'demand N100m ransom'