Eight-term Republican Rep. Trent Franks of Arizona is resigning from Congress, according to the associated press.
An Arizona Republican told the digital political outlet that his resignation is likely tied to unspecified allegations of inappropriate behavior.
Right now, it is unclear why he is stepping down, but sources say there have been rumors of inappropriate behavior.
"I'll let the statement speak for itself", the Arizona Republican told reporters as he was leaving the House floor Thursday evening after voting to avert a government shutdown and fund the government for an additional two weeks.
Most Active Stock: Bank of America Corporation (BAC)
The stock of Bank of America Corporation (NYSE:BAC) has "Underperform" rating given on Tuesday, August 25 by Macquarie Research. United Kingdom-based Old Mutual Glob (Uk) Ltd has invested 0.48% in Big Lots, Inc. (NYSE:BR) for 3,769 shares. (NYSE:EOG).
Franks' office said he will make an announcement soon.
Franks told Roll Call that a statement would be forthcoming.
"The statement will explain", he said. Some people in Washington reportedly knew as far back as 2012, when Franks was mulling a run for the Senate.
The deep-red 8th District, northwest of Phoenix, supported President Donald Trump by 21 points in 2016, according to calculations by Daily Kos Elections. The general election must be held no less than 50 and no more than 60 days after the primary.
- Our Favorite Gear Brands Are Already Using Pantone's Color of the Year
- Ford set to strike a deal with Alibaba
- Alice Eve Joins Marvel's Iron Fist Season 2
- Gujarat Elections: Mysterious poster projects Ahmed Patel as Chief Minister
- India may get Wassenaar membership: Russia
- William Hill Backs Off Opposition To Scientific Games' Acquisition Of NYX
- Michael Essien fears Eden Hazard will join Real Madrid
- Mike Riley returning to Corvallis as Oregon State Beavers assistant coach
- Royals claims he was sexually harassed by Kevin Spacey
- Payden & Rygel Buys Shares of 71600 PNC Financial Services Group Inc (PNC)