In a new interview with iNews, the Double Dutchess hitmaker was an open book, revealing that while she may have a successful career and attractive son today, she hit rock bottom years earlier when she was battling a crystal meth addiction.
She told iNews that in the early 2000s she suffered from paranoia, "chemically induced psychosis and dementia", the hallucinations becoming so severe that she was convinced the CIA, FBI and SWAT team were tracking her.
The former Black Eyed Peas singer said drugs were fun at first until she hit rock-bottom.
The "Fergalicious" hitmaker is getting candid about her previous struggles with addiction.
In September, the singer and her husband, actor Josh Duhamel, announced they were splitting up after eight years of marriage.
"Because that's my strength, my faith, my hope for something better".
Firewatch developer reveals next game In The Valley of the Gods
We're now developing the game for Windows, Mac, and Linux, with any potential future platforms yet to be determined. Check out the reveal trailer for the Indy-style exploring game below, featuring a somewhat out of place soundtrack.
Fortunately, those days are long gone, and Fergie managed to get it together, and she realized that she was in a terrible place and she needed to leave it as soon as possible.
U.S. pop star Fergie says her methamphetamine addiction in the early 2000s made her hallucinate "on a daily basis" and sparked frightening psychotic episodes.
"I remember thinking: 'If I walk outside, and the SWAT team's out there, I was right all along".
Her second solo album arrived this September, a massive 11 years after her previous record The Dutchess in 2006.
"There's a lot going on".
The pair are co-parenting their 4-year-old son Axel and Fergie says technology has made it a little easier to keep their family in touch. That's why we wanted to find our footing with our separation before we announced it publicly: to make sure we really got it together for our kid'.
"It's making a statement, slapping down the rules, in a way that's unapologetic and in your face", she said. It was just me, in a parking lot. If you're a full-time working parent, you'll know what we're experiencing.
- IDF Retaliates with Tank Fire for Gaza Rockets; No Injuries
- Penn State football's Saquon Barkley wins Silver Football for second-straight year
- Fallen Kingdom' Trailer Is Finally Here
- Facebook Live can now broadcast Messenger games
- Trending Stocks Alert: NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA), Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. (FOXA)
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild Champion's Ballad expansion out now
- Champions League quartet transfer to Europa League
- YouTube to launch Spotify rival streaming music service in 2018
- Skirball Fire in Sepulveda Pass About 20 Percent Contained, One Firefighter Injured
- Gary Bettman announces National Hockey League is open to expansion process in Seattle