"That's the Federal Bureau of Investigation I see", Wray said. "Even the appearance of impropriety will devastate the FBI's reputation". You bet we make mistakes. Jerry Nadler of NY, warned Wray that he was under attack from Republicans, and urged him to publicly rebut criticism from the president. "The FBI I see is tens of thousands of courageous men and women that are working hard". "Your job requires you to have the courage in these circumstances to stand up to the president".
"The communications between members of the Clinton email investigation team raise questions about the integrity of that investigation, and about the objectivity of Mr. Strzok's work for the special counsel and in the FBI's investigation of Mr. Flynn", Grassley wrote to Wray, referring to former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.
He said Wray could easily disprove his allegation by releasing the FISA application to Congress. Wray said he could not legally release the information and that an inspector general is looking into the matter. Page had also worked on Mueller's team, but she left that post two weeks before Strzok's departure for what officials have said were unrelated reasons. The director's comments came days after Trump slammed the agency as a biased institution whose reputation is in "tatters" and "worst in history".
The investigator, Peter Strzok, had a prominent role in the FBI's Clinton investigation.
US Recognition of Jerusalem as Israeli Capital an 'Appropriate Step': US Ambassador
Marsudi added that Indonesia will always be together with the Palestinians to support the rights that have been taken away by Israel.
While some Republicans have called for a second special counsel to investigate FBI conduct, others have argued that Mueller's probe should be shut down or given a time limit to complete its work.
Mueller, who led the FBI for 12 years, was appointed head of the special counsel probe by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein after Trump fired then-FBI Director James Comey in May as he was leading the Russian Federation probe.
- S&P: Merger with CHI likely to trigger downgrade for Dignity Health
- Demi Lovato Slams TIME for Almost Naming Trump Person of the Year
- Western Digital (WDC) Downgraded to "Sell" at BidaskClub
- Paul George, Jerami Grant out vs. Brooklyn Nets in Mexico City
- Gareth Morgan Investments Limited Partnership Decreases Position in Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM)
- Pentagon has no plans to evacuate U.S. dependents from South Korea
- NGT says AoL damaged Yamuna floodplain, but limits cost to Rs 5cr
- India assures its stand on Palestine is 'independent'
- Manchester United Will Miss Paul Pogba In Derby, Says Fernandinho
- Virat and Anushka: Wedding speculation rages as the couple leaves India