Blake Farenthold (R-Texas), the House Ethics Committee announced Thursday it will form a subcommittee to look into the claims.
The former communications director sued in 2014 alleging that Farenthold had sexually harassed her and fired her when she complained.
Another former Farenthold staffer, Elizabeth Peace, told the Chronicle Thursday that she believes Greene's account based on her own experiences in Farenthold's congressional office after Greene left.
"Over the last two weeks, more information has been disclosed about the nature of the settlement between the parties".
Farenthold and Greene reached a mediated agreement in 2015 to avoid costly litigation, but the settlement's details were confidential, according to a statement released at the time, where Farenthold denied engaging in any wrongdoing.
A complaint was filed forcing Nunes to step aside as the lead for his committee's investigation into alleged Russian interference in the 2016 election while the Ethics Committee performed its review.
Sensex Rebounds 350 Points : Nifty Settles Above 10150
Japan's Nikkei advanced 1.45%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng went up 0.29%, while China's Shanghai Composite Index surrendered 0.67%. The Sensex , which had lost 100 points in early trade, continued its slide and fell 205.26 points, to 32,597.18.
The House Ethics Committee says it is investigating allegations of sexual assault against Rep. Blake Farenthold..
Farenthold had denied the allegations, maintaining in the court proceeding that Greene was sacked for poor performance, according to reports.
An aide with knowledge of the settlement confirmed that Farenthold is the lawmaker whose office paid the settlement.
"Once all the facts are released, I'm confident this matter will once and for all be settled and resolved", he said. "I'm also pleased the Committee on Ethics recognizes, as per their statement, that I have cooperated fully with the committee's investigation and has acknowledged a decision has been delayed because of difficulty obtaining live testimony from other witnesses. This investigation increases the transparency the public deserves and what I've wanted since the beginning".
Two of Farenthold's colleagues, Reps.
In his response to Greene's complaint, Farenthold alleged that she was sacked for "poor performance".
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild Champion's Ballad expansion out now
- Bayonetta 3 Coming to Switch, Along with Bayoneta 1&2
- TGA 2017: Fortnite New Mode Revealed, Features 50v50 PvP Battles
- Brandon Ingram and Lonzo Ball hooked up to break the 76ers' hearts
- Oklahoma ends regular season as No. 1
- Sage Therapeutics (SAGE) PT Raised to $280.00
- Penn State football's Saquon Barkley wins Silver Football for second-straight year
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will enter PUBG 1.0 launch on December 20
- Death Stranding's New Trailer Shows A Baby Inside Norman Reedus
- YouTube to launch Spotify rival streaming music service in 2018