Now Messenger has 70 game titles available globally, adding classics like Tetris and 8 Ball Pool to its repertoire. Beginning today, however, users will be able to livestream their gaming sessions, Venturebeat reports. To start the video users can press the "Start Live Video" button.
It also serves as Facebook's newest attempt to return to dominance in social gaming.
Facebook's Messenger games launched a year ago, and on Thursday the company announced it was rolling out new livestreaming and video chat features. Their faces will appear in the right hand corner of the screen.
Livestreaming, the company said, is set to roll out later today.
The idea with Instant Games is to boost people's time spent in Messenger by giving them something else to do besides just chat.
Polish PM Beata Szydlo replaced by finance minister
PiS praised in a statement the "many successes were achieved in key areas of Polish life" during Szydlo's two-year premiership. But although Poland's debt-to-GDP ratio stood at a relatively low 54% previous year , critics say it is bound to balloon.
Disney Tsum Tsum, published by LINE and launching in 2018, will bring beloved Disney characters to Messenger as players collect, connect and pop Tsum Tsum based on the popular Disney Tsum Tsum plushes.
When Instant Games first launched it offered 20 games across 30 markets, including titles like Pac-Man, Space Invaders, and Words With Friends Frenzy.
The live broadcast is then shared to your Page or profile.
To mark its one-year anniversary, Facebook is also debuting a couple of new features for its Instant Games: live streaming and video chat. The feature will work via Facebook Live, naturally, allowing players to broadcast Instant Games titles to their Facebook friends or the audience of a Facebook page. When it ends, friends and fans can watch the saved recording.
Games are an authentic extension of the connection people feel in Messenger - a fun, interactive and powerful way to connect to people you chat with daily or friends and family who live far away. To the people who continue to enjoy, share, compete and challenge themselves and their friends to games on Messenger, thanks for playing and game on.
- Man United to Give Mourinho Budget of €90M for January Transfer Window
- Convenience Store Installs Anti-Drug Lights To Deter Heroin Use In Bathrooms
- Confidence in Bill Barrett (NYSE:BBG) Shares by Imperial Capital Fall
- Kate Winslet Says Woody Allen Really Gets Women
- Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT) Shares Bought by Brighton Jones LLC
- DC Movie Producer Jon Berg Exits Warner Bros., Joins Roy Lee Banner
- Trending Stocks Alert: NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA), Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. (FOXA)
- United States trade body rules Canadian softwood hurts USA industry
- Fallen Kingdom' Trailer Is Finally Here
- Mariners get speedy Dee Gordon from Marlins in trade