This year, the People of the Year are the Silence Breakers - the people who spoke up about sexual assault and harassment and launched a movement, including the #MeToo hashtag. Many on social media expressed confusion and anger that Time picked President Donald Trump as it's Person of the Year runner up, pointing out that it's contradictory to recognize those who speak out against sexual misconduct at the same time as considering a man who 16 women have accused of sexual misconduct as the second in line. "Really @TIME? #hypocrites", she wrote on Twitter.
Lovato continued, writing she's become "less vocal" about speaking out against "certain people ... because it only divides our country even more".
"To be named POTY by @TIME it should be for doing something positive or fearless LIKE the women on the cover". It is annoying that it is just about the impact on the news, ' Demi added.
Palestinians say they won't meet with Pence
Rajoub also signalled that Abbas would not meet with Pence during his planned visit later this month. President Donald Trump's announcement that he was recognizing the city as Israel's capital.
That's not all that pissed off Lovato. To be named POTY by Time.should be for doing something positive or fearless LIKE the women on the cover.
Do you agree with the singer or you think the magazine is not at fault as it only chose the most influential people regardless if in a good or a bad way? Kesha is another public figure who has fought against sexual assault since her alleged experience with Dr. Luke in 2014.
She wrote, "To be named POTY (person of the year) by @TIME it should be for doing something positive or fearless LIKE the women on the cover".
TIME hasn't responded to Demi, but in an interview with Today editor Edward Felsenthal said of the decision, "He's No. 2 on our list because he's changed the very nature of the presidency and the way the White House functions".
- Gary Bettman announces National Hockey League is open to expansion process in Seattle
- Alec Baldwin: 'Grand Jury' Late Night Shows Are Harming "Innocent People"
- Grassley Intensifies Probe Into Anti-Trump Bias at Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Fade to Silence Braves the Elements Next Week
- Firewatch developer reveals next game In The Valley of the Gods
- Bayonetta 3 Coming to Switch, Along with Bayoneta 1&2
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild Champion's Ballad expansion out now
- Soul Calibur 6 Revealed at The Game Awards 2017
- TGA 2017: Fortnite New Mode Revealed, Features 50v50 PvP Battles
- Farenthold sexual harassment allegations to be investigated by House ethics panel