U.S. TV host John Oliver hit headlines after taking Hoffman to task over 30-year-old allegations of inappropriate behaviour during a NY panel discussion and 20th anniversary screening of his movie Wag the Dog on Monday night (04Dec17). "Now the likes of @iamjohnoliver and @StephenAtHome have flipped that and they are beginning to resemble grand juries".
Kelly likened Oliver's questioning of Hoffman to a cross-examination, a sentiment that Baldwin agreed with.
"You certainly want to see everybody who's guilty of something - who've done bad things, wrong things, and hurt people - get punished", he said. "I don't want to see people get hurt". They think that the hosts of those show are not only perfectly within their rights, but also find it very attractive or very necessary for them to be pressing this cause.
The Emmy-winning actor appeared on "Megyn Kelly Today" on Thursday where he discussed sexual misconduct in Hollywood and how some people are being punished without any proof - seemingly referring to Dustin Hoffman.
Langbroek in race for LNP leadership
Whilst the people of Clayfield re-elected Nicholls for a fifth term, he has declared he won't be seeking to lead the party again. It did that shortly before 2pm, announcing the north Queensland seat of Thuringowa had been claimed by Labor's Aaron Harper.
The Departed star expanded on his comments during a Thursday morning (07Dec17) appearance on USA show Today, when he tackled the sensitive subject with broadcaster Megyn Kelly.
"For me, what is different, what is odd, this is no excuse, but like 40 years ago there was a kind of way that people had a kind of sexualized by-play, and a kind of fooling around that was wrong", Baldwin argued. "But it seemed to be less problematic than it is now. From a few things you've read you've made an incredible assumption about me".
Alec Baldwin might be a fixture of the most recent seasons of Saturday Night Live as the show routinely lampoons Donald Trump, but that doesn't mean he appreciates all aspects of late night TV getting roundly political. Now, Baldwin added, "that's collateral damage".
What did Baldwin say to Kelly?Baldwin explained that he wanted to see justice served against those who committed criminal acts.
- Brandon Ingram and Lonzo Ball hooked up to break the 76ers' hearts
- Champions League quartet transfer to Europa League
- Skirball Fire in Sepulveda Pass About 20 Percent Contained, One Firefighter Injured
- Bayonetta 3 Coming to Switch, Along with Bayoneta 1&2
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will enter PUBG 1.0 launch on December 20
- Sage Therapeutics (SAGE) PT Raised to $280.00
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild Champion's Ballad expansion out now
- Philippe Coutinho finally answers questions over his future at Liverpool
- Irrfan Khan honoured at Dubai Film Fest
- YouTube to launch Spotify rival streaming music service in 2018