Channels tv reports that Kano Central Prison is one of the most congested detention facilities in Nigeria but Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State says the ongoing renovation of the facility is geared towards decongesting the prison.
President Muhammadu Buhari is now in Kano State on a two-day working visit.
Also, law enforcement agents have embarked on motorised patrol of the metropolis, while road maintenance officials have been busy demarcating road junctions and major roads with white and black paint for visibility.
Buhari said the amnesty was part of the federal government's effort to decongest prisons in the country, and urged the beneficiaries of the gesture to be of good behaviour and shun anything that could bring them back to the prisons.
Corey Feldman's 1993 audio recordings concerning alleged Hollywood pedophiles have been found
Since finding the recording, Santa Barbara Police told Fox News they will hand it over to the Los Angeles Police. He claimed that his former assistant and actor Jon Grissom was the first to take advantage of him in the 1980s.
TheNewsGuru.com reports that the President is just making his first visit to the state since his election in 2015.
Buhari is also expected to meet with Ulamas and hold an interactive session with community leaders and politicians before returning to Abuja.
Scores of journalists covering the president's visit were prevented from having access to the prison by the president's security detail.
Before the visit to the prison, the president visited the Kano emir at his palace.
- Stipe Miocic To Defend Heavyweight Strap Against Francis Ngannou At UFC 220
- Traders Buy Lam Research (LRCX) on Weakness
- Jeffrey Tambor Now Says He's Not Leaving Transparent
- Chance the Rapper surprises CPS students, announces Google's $1M donation
- Australian lawmaker says uncertainty won't stop gay marriage
- BMO Capital Markets Initiates Coverage on Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO)
- Big Second Half Leads Pelicans Past Nuggets
- Troops kill 3 Boko Haram insurgents, recovers ammunition in Borno
- Shares in Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) Purchased by WINTON GROUP Ltd
- Alternate juror supports murder acquittal in pier shooting