Under their joint venture alliance that took effect in January 2015, the two airlines will continue to operate one daily return service each on the Singapore-Auckland route, with a third service operated by Singapore Airlines during the Northern Winter season and Air New Zealand during the Northern Summer season.
The airline is cancelling and rescheduling some worldwide flights due to the incidents.
Flight NZ30 left Auckland for Buenos Aires at 8.21pm, but returned an hour and a half later as a precaution due to a "possible engineering issue", according to an airline spokesperson.
Air New Zealand will cancel six global flights and retime others between 7 and 10 December to accommodate urgent maintenance on the Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines that power its Boeing 787-9 fleet.
Federation Internationale de Football Association lifts Kuwait ban; Gulf Cup to go ahead
Kuwait had been suspended by FIFA since October 2015 for government interference in the operations of its football association. December 22 but details of the fixtures will be finalised at a meeting of the Gulf Cup Football Federation on Monday.
The New Zealand Transport Accident Investigation Commission (TAIC) is looking into two recent 787-9 flights that were turned back after takeoff after problems arose during the flight.
"Our investigation team is working closely with the airline, Civil Aviation Authority, engine-manufacturer Rolls Royce, and our colleague agencies in the United Kingdom and USA". From October 2018 the airlines will increase to three daily services operating a combination of A380, Boeing 777 and Dreamliner 787-9 aircraft.
Meares said they were satisfied that the company was doing the right things to ensure the travelling public's continuing safety.
The day before on Tuesday 5 December, passengers got a fright when an Air New Zealand plane began to malfunction on its way to Japan. In addition to this, the latest available information on any schedule changes will be published to the Travel Alerts section of the Air New Zealand website, an airline statement said.
- Corey Feldman's 1993 audio recordings concerning alleged Hollywood pedophiles have been found
- Dragon's Crown Pro Confirmed For Western Release In Spring 2018
- Aadhaar linking deadline will be extended to March 31, Centre tells SC
- Shares in Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) Purchased by WINTON GROUP Ltd
- American Electric Power Company, Inc. (NYSE:AEP) Overpriced by -2.1%?
- Weird! Buhari 'Commissions' Release of 500 Prisoners in Kano
- Fellow porn stars say August Ames' death is related to cyberbullying
- Ball State upsets No. 9 Notre Dame
- IPhone X Plus: More details emerge about plans for 2018 iPhones
- Toxic drinking water shocks 'pure' New Zealand