The warning has been issued as Storm Caroline makes its way toward Irish shores.
The first warning will be valid from now until 11pm tonight.
The status yellow warning is in effect from 4pm Thursday, and remains in place until the same time on Friday.
Temperatures are expected to drop from Thursday afternoon, with the cold spell persisting into the weekend, resulting in a risk of hail and snow particularly in western and northern areas.
Korea says war is inevitable as allies continue war games
North Korea has condemned the drills, threatening to take action against the USA and its regional allies. Commenting on North Korea's latest launch of a long-range missile last week, Sen.
Tomorrow will be a bright day in Dublin with some scattered showers.
"Some of the showers will be heavy, with a risk of thunder". It will turn progressively colder as the day progresses, in a strong west to northwest wind and some of the showers will turn wintry later in the day.
"Take extra care around pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists".
Thursday night will see temperatures plummet to -2C.
Snow is forecast but it will not be as bad in coastal areas as it will be in inland areas. There will be frost and icy stretches also, with lows of minus 2 degrees.
- Eating cheese every day may actually be good for you
- John Conyers III arrested in February for domestic violence; not prosecuted
- EJF Capital LLC Has $475000 Stake in Cone Midstream Partners LP (CNNX)
- Drilling Down Into JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM)
- Clerk who withheld same-sex licenses freed
- Listos los 16 clasificados a Octavos de Final de la Champions
- Western Gas Equity Partners, LP (NYSE:WGP) Shares Dip Under Moving Averages
- Craig Melvin reportedly in talks to replace Matt Lauer at 'Today'
- Iran President Cautions Muslims about Conspiracies against Quds
- Record-breaking python caught and killed in Florida Everglades