Francis Ngannou can challenge heavyweight champions Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder, according to his coach Dewey Cooper. He's reeled off six straight wins since making his promotional debut in 2015.
Following Ngannous's devastating knockout win over Alistair Overeem at UFC 218, UFC President Dana White said "The Predator" is next up for Miocic. Ngannou thrashed the veteran inside 2-minutes to earn a devastating victory.
News arrived from MMA Junkie and was subsequently confirmed by MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani tonight (Dec. 6, 2017) that champion Stipe Miocic will take on surging No. 1 contender Francis Ngannou in a potentially explosive match-up.
The whole boxing vs MMA debate was settled a long time ago it would have seemed, in terms of if athletes from either sport trying to hop into the other at the highest level the result doesn't bode well for them. The last time it happened was on December 27, 2008, at UFC 92, where 205-pound champion Forrest Griffin lost the title to Rashad Evans via TKO, while interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira was stopped for the first time in his career by Frank Mir. A contract dispute kept him out of action for the rest of the year.
BMO Capital Markets Initiates Coverage on Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO)
The stock of Broadcom Limited (NASDAQ: AVGO ) has "Buy" rating given on Thursday, August 24 by Drexel Hamilton. Mitchell Mcleod Pugh & Williams Inc owns 0.48% invested in Broadcom Limited (NASDAQ: AVGO ) for 2,688 shares.
"Everyone was so enthralled about the Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather fight".
Joshua and Wilder are both fresh of defending their respective world titles.
But before Ngannou targets a bout in the squared circle, he'll set his sights on Miocic.
While it isn't official yet, here's hoping the UFC deliver Miocic vs. Ngannou in 2018.
- A New Study Shows Cheese Might Be Good For Your Heart
- Consumer Bureau Lifts Freeze on Payments to Crime Victims
- Spellings, Jr. Sells 9379 Shares of Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) Stock
- Dead & Company show canceled at Amway because of John Mayer's appendix
- Breast cancer risk remains in newer hormone contraceptives
- Automatic Data Processing In Com (ADP) Shareholder Assetmark INC Upped Its Stake
- Acknowledging the facts and figures for: Simon Property Group, Inc. (SPG)
- Jeffrey Tambor Now Says He's Not Leaving Transparent
- North Korea missile: Inconsistencies spotted in Hwasong-15 images
- Flags to half-staff to remember day of infamy