US officials told CNN that the re-entry vehicle likely failed during North Korea's most recent missile test, and the crew of a Cathay Pacific flight claims to have seen the missile explode during re-entry, although David Wright, a senior physicist with the Union of Concerned Scientists, suspects that the crew actually saw stage separation and second-stage ignition during the ascent.
Japan is preparing to acquire precision air-launched missiles that for the first time would give it the capability to strike North Korean missile sites, two sources with direct knowledge of the matter said earlier this week.
Responding to queries from Channel NewsAsia on the safety precautions it was taking, Singapore Airlines said that its planes were not affected as it had already taken steps in July to reroute flight paths.
North Korea often lobs its missiles into the East Sea.
Wembley given more Euro 2020 games
Group B will be contested at the Johann Cryuff Arena in Amsterdam and the Arena Națională in Bucharest. Venue: Hampden will host four matches but not the opening game.
Pyongyang reported that its latest missile flew as high as 2,800 miles.
"At the moment, no one is changing any routes or operating parameters", the Hong Kong-based airline said in a statement.
In August, Air France-KLM expanded its no-fly zone around North Korea after a missile test.
According to guidelines issued by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), a UN agency in charge of air safety, nations have the "responsibility to issue risk advisories regarding any threats to the safety of civilian aircraft operating in their airspace".
Travelers who are concerned should know the chances of an airplane colliding with a missile are extremely low: One safety analyst estimates that it is less than a billion to one.
- Vonn To 'Represent The People Of US, Not The President' At Olympics
- Men: Dark Phoenix heats up EW's First Look Issue
- $450 million Leonardo painting heading to new Louvre museum
- Seaworld Entertainment, Inc. - SEAS - Stock Price Today
- What's Ahead for Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) After Less Shorted Shares?
- Marvell Technology Group (MRVL) Earns Buy Rating from B. Riley
- Chief of staff puts out job queries amid allegations against Ruben Kihuen
- Trading Watch: Following Price Performance for Ishares Core CDN Universe Bond ETF
- The Geneva Advisors LLC Reduces Position in Canadian National Railway (CNI)
- Cleveland Browns: Takeaways from the offense's performance in Week 13