The streaming service reported that "Shape of You" has been streamed 1.4 billion times, making it the most-streamed track ever.
Apple released its annual list of the most popular music in Australia for 2017 on Thursday and revealed that Sheeran's multi-platinum third record / (Divide) which he released in March, is its most listened-to album.
Hip-hop star Drake came in second on Spotify in 2017 and rapper Kendrick Lamar was fourth, with R&B singer The Weeknd, a protege of Drake, placing third.
Sia Opens Up About Exposing Maddie Ziegler to Fame
I feel very protective of her and my goal is to empower her in whatever choices she makes. One person wrote , "I've enjoyed the Sia-Maddie Ziegler combo".
His success on Spotify, however, did not help him at the Grammys, with Sheeran shut out of major categories announced last week - a surprise to many watchers of the music industry's top prizes.
Meanwhile, Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee's "Despacito" - one of the handful of songs that legitimately shook foundations throughout 2017 - ended up as the No. 3 most-streamed song, finishing just behind its own remix featuring Justin Bieber.
Rihanna finished as the top-streamed female artist, followed by Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande and Sia. That's pretty unbelievable for an artist who didn't release an album this year!
- Hyundai and Subaru Earn the Most IIHS Top Safety Picks for 2018
- Guardiola: My Manchester City side are learning to win in Fergie Time
- Steelers safety Mike Mitchell rips National Football League for officiating on hard hits
- Parents Of Accused Serial Killer Refuse To Cooperate With Police
- Allison Janney puts her spin on ice-skating scandal in 'I, Tonya'
- Coca (KO) Position Has Upped by Capital World Investors
- Some Stocks within Concentration: Boulevard Acquisition Corp. II (BLVD), Nokia Corporation (NOK)
- Huawei Mate 9 ready to receive Android 8.0 Oreo update in China
- Phil Bredesen planning run for Corker's US Senate seat
- Santa Maria Airport sending tankers to fight Thomas Fire