The singer-songwriter's career took off after the release of his debut CD in 2011 and since that time the 26-year-old musician has notched up three number one singles, along with three chart topping albums.
After accepting the award, given to Ed for services to music, he spoke to reporters and said receiving the honour was especially meaningful as it was the anniversary of his grandfather's death.
The Thinking Out Loud singer also revealed he'd be prepared to perform at the wedding of Charles' son, Prince Harry, and actress Meghan Markle, as the couple recently announced their engagement. Two honours in one day?
No doubt about it: Ed Sheeran is on top of the world.
Double Grammy victor Ed, from Suffolk, remained modest about his achievements saying he didn't have "vast talent" compared to other artists but his "persistence, drive and self belief" had paid off.
Prince Charles made Spotify's most-streamed artist of 2017 an MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) during an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace.
Vonn To 'Represent The People Of US, Not The President' At Olympics
But I have to win to be invited so - no, actually I think every US team member is invited. Vonn added: "I want to represent our country well".
According to Clarence House, Sheeran's MBE is for his services to music and charity.
Ed Sheeran is having a pretty Perfect Thursday.
He says his grandfather Bill was a "massive royalist".
Recently, it was announced that Ed had topped two of YouTube's trending lists for the United Kingdom in 2017 and "Shape of You" came number 2 on the list of most-watched YouTube music videos, coming second to "Despacito". That seemed to impress the Prince.
At the end, Ed had a brief conversation with Prince Charles and told him that he was travelling to NY tomorrow for another gig.
All images sourced from PA Images.
- What Are Analysts Report About UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (UNH)
- Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) Shares Bought by OMERS ADMINISTRATION Corp
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm final episode dated
- Facebook publishes 2017 Year in Review recapping major events on social media
- Seaworld Entertainment, Inc. - SEAS - Stock Price Today
- Israel Operationalizes First Set of F-35 Fighter Jets
- Marvell Technology Group (MRVL) Earns Buy Rating from B. Riley
- Trading Watch: Following Price Performance for Ishares Core CDN Universe Bond ETF
- Wembley given more Euro 2020 games
- LG to release premium Signature smartphone