Phil Bredesen is joining the race to become a USA senator.
In his campaign video, Bredesen says "We all know Washington is broken and politicians are up there playing partisan games and working on their re-election". But putting Tennessee on the map gives them one narrow path back to the majority - especially if they can pull off an upset in Alabama's special election next week.
Bredesen also discussed his leadership success, both in business and government, and touched on the topics of health care, the opioid crisis and the economy.
Andy Berke, the current Chattanooga mayor, earlier put out some feelers about running for the Senate seat on the Democratic side.
Notable Stock Analysts Ratings Harley-Davidson, Inc. (HOG)
Currently, 0.20% of Conduent Incorporated (NYSE:CNDT) are owned by insiders with 89.41% six-month change in the insider ownership. Finally, LSV Asset Management boosted its holdings in shares of Harley-Davidson by 1.0% during the second quarter. (NYSE:HOG).
Phil Bredesen announced Thursday that he will be a Democratic candidate for the U.S. Senate.
"Since Governor Bredesen left office and our state with a 10.4 percent unemployment rate, Tennesseans have seen their state and their lives improve".
Major Republican candidates include Marsha Blackburn and Stephen Fincher.
On Wednesday, U.S. Congressman Marsha Blackburn released a statement surrounding unconfirmed reports of Bredesen's run, calling his views "out-of-touch with Tennessee values".
National Democrats have courted Bredesen for months to run, seeing him as their best - and perhaps only - chance to win the seat in a state where President Trump won by 26 percentage points.
- Ryanair pilots threaten to strike in run-up to Christmas
- What the TCU Horned Frogs say about Baker Mayfield's Heisman chances
- Nassar Faces Federal Child Porn Sentencing
- Devil May Cry HD Collection coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One
- Hyundai and Subaru Earn the Most IIHS Top Safety Picks for 2018
- Apple Pay Cash Now Available with Latest iOS Update
- Really bright Geminid meteor shower could be coming
- Parents Of Accused Serial Killer Refuse To Cooperate With Police
- Analysts See $0.93 EPS for Dollar General Corporation (DG)
- Sia Opens Up About Exposing Maddie Ziegler to Fame