Evans has 18 months remaining on his contract at The Hawthorns and, while committed to West Brom, it is hard to see the former Manchester United player signing a new deal with the prospect of European football on offer elsewhere.
Evans will now face a hard choice going into the second half of the Premier League season, with the option of becoming a squad player at runaway leaders Manchester City - or remaining with first team football elsewhere.
"There's interest in him because there was interest in the summer and it makes sense to stir it up".
"I understand, we deal with it, Jonny's dealt with it in his way". Do I want to lose him? Of course not. Do I fear losing him?
West Ham star surprisingly ready to sign a new contract
However, Chelsea will be wary of the fact that West Ham have beaten them twice in the last five fixtures between the two sides. However, if Moyes was able to somehow tempt him to the London Stadium, Evans would drastically improve the Hammers' defence.
The 56-year-old told reporters: "I'm never confident of keeping great players".
Pardew recently took over from the sacked Tony Pulis and the former Newcastle United boss led his side to a 0-0 draw against fellow strugglers Crystal Palace in his first game in charge.
"Jonny Evans is certainly one of them, and he's our captain".
The Baggies have not won a Premier League match since the 1-0 triumph over Burnley on August 19 and their awful run of form has seen the club slip to 17th in the table, just three points above the relegation zone.
The Baggies have struggled for goals this season, but when he was asked if he wanted a striker in the window, Pardew said there was enough talent in the squad. We need to win at least nine games. This is just three points in a season.
- Most Active Stock: Bank of America Corporation (BAC)
- LeBron James responds to Ohio State's exclusion from the College Football Playoff
- Alice Eve Joins Marvel's Iron Fist Season 2
- 3 struck, injured by auto in Manhattan
- Payden & Rygel Buys Shares of 71600 PNC Financial Services Group Inc (PNC)
- Despite missing back-to-back practices, Tom Brady will play vs. Dolphins
- John Lewis to skip civil rights museum opening due to Trump
- Google's DeepMind AI masters chess, beating expert software
- Mike Riley returning to Corvallis as Oregon State Beavers assistant coach
- WH Pushes Back on 'Ridiculous' Health Questions Following Trump's 'Slurred Speech'