The statement came after Trump announced - despite widespread worldwide opposition - to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital and to move the USA embassy to the flashpoint city.
"Trump's plan to shift [the] United States embassy in Israel to Jerusalem is contrary to all UN resolutions and is an attempt to deliberately add to the chaos in the Middle East", Imran tweeted. This includes any attempted annexation of East Jerusalem as a violation of global law. "Of course, everyone wants the peace process to resume and progress, but who will guarantee the U.S.' impartial mediating role?" she said.
Islamabad reaffirmed full solidarity with the Palestinian people.
The Foreign Office called upon the United States to 'refrain from any move that alters the legal and historical status as well as the character of Al-Quds Al-Sharif, fully comply with all applicable UN Security Council resolutions including UNSCR 478'.
With this step, Trump has fulfilled one of its campaign promises and reversed decades-long USA policy on this matter.
Budweiser maker Anheuser-Busch reserves 40 Tesla electric trucks
The consumer goods maker reported $1.31 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $1.50 by ($0.19). Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management Co. lifted its stake in shares of Anheuser Busch Inbev by 6.0% in the 2nd quarter.
The measure will affect the efforts of a peace in the Middle East, the text warned.
It said the people and the government of Pakistan "are unequivocally opposed to the reported plan of shifting the US Embassy to Al-Quds Al-Sharif".
The meeting comes after several Palestinian officials have called for an OIC emergency meeting to discuss the recent updates on Jerusalem, following reports that the US President Donald Trump is soon recognising Jerusalem as Israel's new capital.
Jerusalem is considered a sacred place, which is home to Jewish, Christian and Muslim holy sites.
Jerusalem remains at the core of the Israel-Palestine conflict, with Palestinians claiming East Jerusalem - occupied by Israel since 1967 - as the capital of a future Palestinian state.
- Parents Of Accused Serial Killer Refuse To Cooperate With Police
- Guardiola: My Manchester City side are learning to win in Fergie Time
- George St-Pierre Not Sure If He Will Defend UFC Middleweight Title
- Nassar Faces Federal Child Porn Sentencing
- Really bright Geminid meteor shower could be coming
- Devil May Cry HD Collection coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One
- Some Stocks within Concentration: Boulevard Acquisition Corp. II (BLVD), Nokia Corporation (NOK)
- Chelsea do not fear Barca or PSG-Hazard
- What's Ahead for Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) After Less Shorted Shares?
- The Geneva Advisors LLC Reduces Position in Canadian National Railway (CNI)