Nicehash offers a server where individuals offer computing capacity to bitcoin miners to mine bitcoins via complicated math equations in order to create blockchains, the basis for cryptocurrency.
"We are now investigating the nature of the incident and, as a result, we are stopping all operations for the next 24 hours", said NiceHash.
TOKYO | The frenzy surrounding bitcoin amped up further Thursday as the virtual currency soared above $15,000 for the first time, just days before it starts trading on major US exchanges.
It's been compromised and hackers have emptied the contents of its Bitcoin wallet, which was estimated to have contained 4736 BTC-currently worth over $70 million.
Many other users responded to the company's maintenance tweet, saying that they had money stolen.
"We understand that you will have a lot of questions, and we ask for patience and understanding while we investigate the causes and find the appropriate solutions for the future of the service", the company said in its statement. Around US$162 million in the cryptocurrency ether has been frozen after a novice hacker deleted a code library needed to access funds being stored in some Parity digital wallets.
Offaly included in fresh snow and ice warning from Met Éireann
Road conditions will be in a poor state across the country and motorists are advised to be vigilant for ice and to slow down. While the page admitted "things can change rapidly", icy roads are likely to be the biggest concern tonight and tomorrow.
The bitcoin address from the thief has been identified and can be found on the Reddit thread for NiceHash's official press release.
The wallet now has a balance of 4,736.42 bitcoin, worth $64,080,393.
He said the company was co-operating with local authorities but declined to give more information.
Clearly, this is a matter of deep concern and we are working hard to rectify the matter in the coming days.
We are fully committed to restoring the NiceHash service with the highest security measures at the earliest opportunity.
The site's administrators are also recommending users change any shared passwords they used on NiceHash.
- Some Stocks within Concentration: Boulevard Acquisition Corp. II (BLVD), Nokia Corporation (NOK)
- Ryanair pilots threaten to strike in run-up to Christmas
- Analysts See $0.93 EPS for Dollar General Corporation (DG)
- Pakistan condemns USA move to recognise Al Quds as Israeli capital
- California Wildfires Continue to Spread, Closing Freeways and Destroying Homes
- Alaska Air Group Incorporated (NYSE:ALK) Shorted Shares Decreased By 5.11%
- Frosh Calls Concealed Carry Bill A 'Public Safety Disaster' In Making
- Allison Janney puts her spin on ice-skating scandal in 'I, Tonya'
- Norwegian Cruise Line sets sail for NYSE
- Parents Of Accused Serial Killer Refuse To Cooperate With Police