When Jessica Chastain was cast in X-Men: Dark Phoenix, many fans immediately hoped she would be Lilandra, the Queen of the Shi'ar Empire. Her hair is literally on fire - the last time we saw Jean Grey in "X-Men: Apocalypse", she was given a new uniform to train in the Danger Room after incinerating En Sabah Nur, officially becoming a new "X-Men" recruit.
X-Men: Dark Phoenix will hit theaters on November 2, 2018. "[The film] was so clear in my head, emotionally and visually, that it would have killed me to hand this to somebody else to direct", Kinberg says.
A collection of familiar faces are also on board: James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier, Nicholas Hoult as Beast, Olivia Munn as Psylocke, Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Evan Peters as Quicksilver, and more. This likely shows Jean Grey during her first transformation into Dark Phoenix, because I can't imagine Turner walking around almost nude throughout the entire film (though they did that with Mystique, so what do I know). But if one or more of these incredibly busy actors signed a contract to return for just one more X-Men movie, that might make sense.
"[Mystique] has grown up a lot", states Jennifer Lawrence.
Neapolitan pizza wins UNESCO status (3)
Pizzaiuolo was up against 33 other traditions seeking to join Unesco's list of "intangible heritage", set up in 2003. The art, which promotes solidarity among women, is handed down through observation.
Based partially on Chris Claremont's comic, Phoenix will feature some of the series' biggest set pieces to date, including the X-Men's first trip to outer space.
"This is probably the most emotional X-Men we've done and the most pathos-driven", McAvoy told EW. "It's about the butterfly effect of this thing happening", says Turner, who studied schizophrenia and multiple personality disorders to prepare.
Simon [Kinberg] and I were talking about the character and I said, 'I keep thinking of the vet who tells you you need to put your dog down.' There's something very clinical about it.
As you can see in the photo, Lawrence's Mystique makeup has taken on a lighter and more alien-esque appearance; in fact, she looks like a blue version of "The Newcomers" race from the Alien Nation franchise.
- Recent Insiders Bustle: Vantiv, Inc. (VNTV), American Express Company (AXP)
- Marvell Technology Group (MRVL) Earns Buy Rating from B. Riley
- Instagram Direct is the pure Snapchat clone you've been waiting for
- RBI disappoints India Inc and investors with its status quo
- Goldman Sachs Group Begins Coverage on Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC)
- Chief of staff puts out job queries amid allegations against Ruben Kihuen
- Kansas Upset 74-65 by Washington Despite Lagerald Vick's 28 Points
- Tillerson vows to keep sanctions on Russian Federation over Ukraine violence
- Delphi Automotive (APTV) Coverage Initiated by Analysts at Goldman Sachs Group
- Facebook publishes 2017 Year in Review recapping major events on social media