President Cho Hwan-eik of the Korea Electric Power Corp. will resign later this week, more than three months ahead of his term which expires in March next year, the state-run utility firm said Thursday.
Toshiba Corp., which has a 60 percent stake in the NuGen consortium in charge of building the nuclear power plant in Cumbria, northwest England, plans to announce soon that KEPCO has become the preferred bidder, according to industry insiders, who wanted to remain anonymous. Clark visited Seoul to meet with South Korean officials and executives of KEPCO and prospective investors about the nuclear power project.
The partially state-owned utility known as Kepco said Wednesday it had been awarded preferential negotiating rights on purchasing a stake in the wholly owned Toshiba unit, whose future has become uncertain in light of the Japanese conglomerate's dire financial troubles and the bankruptcy of its former US nuclear subsidiary, Westinghouse Electric. China General Nuclear Power had also expressed interest in bidding for the deal. "NuGen and its shareholder Toshiba are exploring a range of options for funding the Moorside project, which includes Toshiba selling some or all its shareholding in NuGen", he added. It was initially hoped electricity generation would begin by 2025.
Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (WBA)- Stocks under Performance Radar
Following the transaction, the director now directly owns 50,000 shares in the company, valued at approximately $3,350,000. Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc. raised its stake in Walgreens Boots Alliance by 5.4% during the second quarter.
Kepco representatives have travelled to Japan for direct talks with the chief executive of Toshiba, which now owns NuGen outright.
Korea Electric Power is entering one-on-one talks to acquire Toshiba's NuGen nuclear power business in the United Kingdom, seeking a win for a South Korean team trying to expand its reactor-building business overseas.
- LLC Has $5.16 Million Holdings in Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL)
- Avocado 'as big as my head' could be world record
- Google to Shift Chrome Apps to Progressive Chrome Apps
- Alexis and Ozil playing for Arsenal exits? Petit questions upturn in form
- Louisiana would be hard hit if DACA comes to an end
- Chance the Rapper surprises CPS students, announces Google's $1M donation
- Shares in Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) Purchased by WINTON GROUP Ltd
- Jack Dylan Grazer to star in "Shazam!"
- Wilson and Ovechkin lead Capitals past Blackhawks | 6-2
- Dragon's Crown Pro Confirmed For Western Release In Spring 2018