Following her February 15 call to the police, Conyers III was arrested on suspicion of violence against his girlfriend at a Los Angeles residence, according to NBC.
The LA County District Attorney's Office said it could not "be proven beyond a reasonable doubt" that the victim's "small stab wound" on her lower bicep wasn't accidental.
Conyers III, however, says he is unsure if he'll run for his father's congressional seat.
The report also said there are 911 tapes that reflect John Conyers III and his girlfriend screaming at each other during a pitched physical battle.
After the girlfriend tried to call the cops, an enraged Conyers allegedly took her phone and chased her into the kitchen where she grabbed a knife and screamed at him to leave.
Records say the woman grabbed a knife to protect herself, but he disarmed her and slapped her before a second struggle for the knife in which the woman was cut.
More cases of chronic wasting disease found during deer hunt
The DNR says anyone who harvests deer in Montcalm County should have their deer tested by bringing them to a deer check station . They have also opened additional deer check stations and encourage all hunters to have their deer tested at the stations.
The junior Conyers rebutted her statement saying the girlfriend, who wasn't named in the complaint, was using alcohol and marijuana, and tried to throw him out of the residence.
Following his arrest on February 15, Conyers was released the same day in lieu of $50,000 bond. The charges were later dropped.
Rep. John Conyers, a Michigan Democrat who represented Detroit for more than 50 years, resigned Tuesday amid accusations of sexual misconduct.
"I have a great family here and especially in my oldest boy, John Conyers III, who, incidentally, I endorse to replace me in my seat in Congress", the congressman said in an interview on Detroit radio station WPZR.
Local 4 saw John Conyers III driving a family vehicle on his way to the airport the morning of his father's retirement interview. Ian Conyers, the grandson of Conyers' brother, told The New York Times that he plans to run for his great-uncle's seat.
In this July 16, 2011 photo, John Conyers, III poses with his father Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., in Detroit.
- Desert-themed map for 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' finally gets a name
- Kiss Daniel evading service of court papers, says former label
- CSKA Moscow and Qarabag out of UEFA Champions League
- One Little Foot for SA, one big step in understanding our humanity
- Minnesota Ballet Prepares for Nutcracker Performances
- Putin will allow Russians to compete at Pyeongchang Olympics
- Chicago Director Rob Marshall Top Choice For Disney's Live-Action Little Mermaid
- NY flight to Seattle forced to make emergency potty break
- The Miami Marlins Are Giving An Ultimatum To Disgruntled Star Giancarlo Stanton
- Most US Airlines Set To Limit Use Of 'Smart Bags'