Tambor is facing an investigation from Amazon over multiple allegations from actresses who say he sexually harassed them. "But no final decision for next year has been made, either by Jeffrey or by Amazon", Tambor's rep said. The Emmy-winning actor appeared to be leaving the series when he exclusively told Deadline that he had made a decision not to return to "Transparent", but a representative for the actor tells The New York Times that Tambor has not quit and has no plans to quit the series at this time.
Previously, Tambor had said, "Given the politicized atmosphere that seems to have afflicted our set, I don't see how I can return to Transparent". Since Tambor's statement, makeup artist Tamara Delbridgen claimed that Tambor forcibly kissed her the set of Never Again in 2001.
Barnes, who is transgender, was the first to accuse Tambor of behaving inappropriately toward her in a private Facebook post. He won Emmys for the role in 2015 and 2016. An investigation into the allegations is reportedly still ongoing at Amazon, and there's no telling how long the investigation could last. The show is now in its fourth season. After being accused of sexual harassment by co-star Trace Lysette and a former personal assistant, Van Barnes, the actor announced that he was standing down from the popular show. He denied her claims, dismissing them as "baseless".
In an interview with The Times, Ms. Lysette said she hoped the show would evolve to focus on transgender experiences beyond those of Mr. Tambor's character.
Why Arshi will become the new captain
In the washroom area, Vikas swears that he supports Arshi, who has heard Akash say that they were against Arshi and her captaincy. When Arshi again questions Vikas about their friendship, Vikas shuts her up saying that her accusations were disgusting.
There's been a great deal of discomfort from some of the show's fans that a show that has been otherwise progressive in hiring trans actors is still ultimately led by a cisgender man, and the sexual misconduct allegations obviously amplify that inherent problem. "If you only knew what I'm going through.' But I knew".
'I felt his penis on my hip through his thin pajamas and I pushed him off of me, ' she said.
In early November, Tambor's former assistant accused him of sexual harassment.
- Record-breaking python caught and killed in Florida Everglades
- Eating cheese every day may actually be good for you
- Al Jazira beat Auckland City in FIFA Club World Cup opener
- Clerk who withheld same-sex licenses freed
- Dead & Company show canceled at Amway because of John Mayer's appendix
- Evaluating today's stock market for: Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (APD)
- Asus NovaGo with Qualcomm Snapdragon ecosystem launched: Price, specifications, etc
- Drilling Down Into JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM)
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Earns News Impact Rating of 0.11
- Consumer Bureau Lifts Freeze on Payments to Crime Victims