Farooq Abdullah on Thursday said that United States' move to declare Jerusalem as the capital of Israel is in contradiction to history and the sentiments of millions of Muslims across the world, including India.
"Trump's stupid decision to make Jerusalem a capital for the Zionist will be the big spark for removing this entity from the body of the Islamic nation, and a legitimate reason to target American forces", said the group's leader Akram al-Kaabi.
Shi'ite-majority Iraq is the only country to have an alliance with regional powerhouse Iran and the United States, who do not see eye-to-eye.
Muhammad Farooq Rehmani in a statement issued in Islamabad said that it was a mad decision of hate and revenge to move the USA embassy to Jerusalem which had potential to ultimately bring disaster to the world peace and civilization.
Iraqi Foreign Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari summoned the USA ambassador in the country to protest the shift, while powerful Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, who heads his own militia, demanded the closure of the American embassy in Baghdad and warned that "we can reach Israel through Syria".
Important Factors to Analyse A Good Investment - Kinder Morgan, Inc. (NYSE: KMI)
It improved, as 25 investors sold TTC shares while 111 reduced holdings. 73 funds opened positions while 295 raised stakes. Mason Street Advisors invested 0.11% in Intuit Inc. (NYSE:URI) earned "Perform" rating by Oppenheimer on Friday, April 1.
Abdullah said the move has hurt the sentiments of Muslims all over the world and made the goals of cooperation and stability farther and harder to achieve.
The Iran-backed Harakat Hezbollah al-Nujaba said Trump's decision could become a "legitimate reason" to attack US forces in Iraq.
There are more than 5,000 U.S. troops in Iraq, part of an worldwide coalition providing air and ground support in Iraqi forces' fight against Islamic State militants. It has more than 5,000 troops in Iraq.
A statement issued by the Prime Minister's office said that Pakistan also unequivocally opposes shifting of the U.S. embassy to Al-Quds Al Sharif.
- To promote cashless transactions, RBI reduces MDR charges for debit cards
- Mahira Khan bags 5th spot in Sexiest Asian Woman list
- Cold air, gusty winds continue to push into region
- PM Modi inaugurates Dr BR Ambedkar International Centre
- Syrian delegation to return to Geneva talks on Sunday - state media
- Amazon and Google Are Fighting, and That Means Consumers Lose
- Cabot Oil & Gas (COG) PT Raised to $32.00 at Barclays
- Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI), Denbury Resources Inc. (DNR)
- Flynn eyed gains if sanctions fell
- US Calling Jerusalem Israel's Capital Is 'Naked Aggression,' Muslim Nations Say