The "Plus" model is expected to come with a larger 6.5-inch display.
Apple will release its biggest iPhone with large 6.1 inch display. It's believed that it's harder for Apple to produce additional color options in the glass back design of the iPhone 8 and iPhone X, hence why this year's models are available in fewer color variations than last year's.
Nikkie also told that new iPhone will be assembled by a new manufacturer.
According to a source with knowledge of Apple's product designs, the LCD iPhone will feature a 6.1-inch bezel-less screen and a metal back.
Minnesota Timberwolves game preview: December 6 at Los Angeles Clippers
Minnesota faced only token defensive pressure from the Clippers and made 28 of 42 shots (66.7 percent) in the first half. Forward Danilo Gallinari played in his first game since November 5 after he missed 13 games with a strained left hip.
If true, the new models will come as welcome news to suppliers across Asia, especially Sharp and Japan Display, which would have lost a significant portion of their LCD business if Apple switched entirely to OLED displays. The more affordable price may mean the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus will be discontinued.
MacRumors pointed out that Nikkei's report is, for the most part, in line with what KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo predicted for the 2018 lineup of iPhones.
Samsung Display, a unit of Samsung Electronics, is Apple's sole supplier of OLED panels, which is likely why Apple wants to maintain a lineup of LCD-equipped smartphones - at least until it has another supplier of OLED panels. Kuo, however, stated that all three 2018 models would debut with full-screen, edge-to-edge displays and the TrueDepth camera system that's now featured on the 10th anniversary iPhone.
The Japanese securities firm also claims that there will be an OLED iPhone that will feature a 5.8-inch display. This of course explains why the device is rumored to be a low-cost entry built for low-end and midrange markets.
We're still a ways off from Apple introducing next year's iPhones, so this report should be taken with a grain of salt at this point. Nikkei also revealed that the final teaser of Apple claimed to launch iPhone X plus in 2018.
- Alexis and Ozil playing for Arsenal exits? Petit questions upturn in form
- Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (WBA)- Stocks under Performance Radar
- Jack Dylan Grazer to star in "Shazam!"
- Preferred Apartment Communities Inc (NYSE:APTS) Sentiment Increased, Despite
- Big Second Half Leads Pelicans Past Nuggets
- Louisiana would be hard hit if DACA comes to an end
- Aadhaar linking deadline will be extended to March 31, Centre tells SC
- Corey Feldman's 1993 audio recordings concerning alleged Hollywood pedophiles have been found
- American Electric Power Company, Inc. (NYSE:AEP) Overpriced by -2.1%?
- Alternate juror supports murder acquittal in pier shooting