Shankersinh Vaghela, who quit Congress to float his "Jan Vikalp" front earlier this year, has also been forced to cancel his roadshows and rallies in Junagadh, and Mahuva and Palitana towns of Saurashtra.
Almost half a dozen rallies by star campaigners from the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party as well as the opposition, scheduled for Tuesday and today, including those to be addressed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah, had to be cancelled. BJP MP Manoj Tiwari's roadshow in Bapunagar area of Ahmedabad was also cancelled due to light showers, said party's Bapunagar MLA Jagroopsinh Rajput.
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi 7 December said Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi was anti-temple and that his visits to the shrines in Gujarat, sporting a "tilak", and talks of his wearing a "janeu", which is a sacred thread that Brahmins wear, were aimed at hiding this.
Posters appealing Muslims to vote for Congress to make Ahmed Patel the chief minister came up in some minority-dominated areas in Surat on the last day of campaigning for first phase of Gujarat polls, but Patel called it a "dirty trick" by the BJP and said he was not in the race. However, he had to cancel his rallies in Morbi, Dhangadhra and Surendranagar. But the venue of his rally in Rajula was found to be waterlogged in the morning. Others wondered if Modi was indeed the prime minister of the entire country or he only represented Gujarat.
West Ham star surprisingly ready to sign a new contract
However, Chelsea will be wary of the fact that West Ham have beaten them twice in the last five fixtures between the two sides. However, if Moyes was able to somehow tempt him to the London Stadium, Evans would drastically improve the Hammers' defence.
However, Ahmed Patel has denied that he is a chief ministerial candidate. "Our Karyakartas (workers) should devote themselves to providing all possible assistance and stand shoulder to shoulder with fellow citizens", Modi said.
"Ahmed Patel has himself said this, but I would like to make it clear that such politics of putting up fake posters is not going to work in Gujarat as people here are intelligent and understand everything", he said.
Inspired by his tweet, BJP leaders in Surat suspended all campaign-related work and began shifting people to safer places, the MLA for Surat's Majura constituency, Harsh Sanghvi, said.
- Eric Conn pleads not guilty to escape charges
- Transfer watch: How seven Premier League targets performed in the Champions League
- Mike Riley returning to Corvallis as Oregon State Beavers assistant coach
- Starbucks Christmas Tree Frappuccinos Are Here - But Only For A Few Days
- Marks & Spencer launches stoneless avocados
- German skier dies after crashing during NorAm race at Lake Louise
- Kate Middleton steps out wearing handsome Diana hand-me-down
- John Lewis to skip civil rights museum opening due to Trump
- Mass. Hit With Early Flu Season
- WH Pushes Back on 'Ridiculous' Health Questions Following Trump's 'Slurred Speech'