Going into Tampa Bay tonight, the New York Islanders have to change one thing. Barzal is having an incredible rookie season.
"They came out really strong and I think we came out flat [in the second period]", Gourde said.
ABOUT THE LIGHTNING (18-6-2): Johnson's two tallies snapped a 15-game goal-scoring drought during which he posted a minus-5 rating and registered 24 shots. "We score on the power play and momentum turned back around for us. I think that was a key moment".
Nikita Kucherov moved onto the line with center Brayden Point and Ondrej Palat and tallied twice while Tyler Johnson was switched from third-line center to right wing with captain Steven Stamkos and Vladislav Namestnikov and scored a pair of goals.
Chiefs Suspend Marcus Peters
Peters picked up the official's flag and threw it into the stands, then walked off the field to the locker room. Kansas City plays the Oakland Raiders at home this Sunday and the victor will likely be atop of the AFC West.
"A team like that, they have a lot of firepower over there", Eberle said after the Isles lost for just the third time in their last 11 games.
For Colorado, this will be the first of a hard four-game trip to the east coast.
"It's going to be a good test", Barzal said.
The Islanders went 11 minutes without a shot to start the first and were outshot 11-2 overall in the period. The NHL's leader in wins will go for his 18th of the season against a high-powered NY offense that averages a league-leading 3.73 goals per game, but will be playing its second game in as many nights.
Lightning: Host the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday night in the third of four consecutive home games.
- Temperatures to plummet, with snow and sleet forecast
- A New Study Shows Cheese Might Be Good For Your Heart
- Automatic Data Processing In Com (ADP) Shareholder Assetmark INC Upped Its Stake
- The Atom is Coming to Injustice 2 Next Week
- Eating cheese every day may actually be good for you
- Detective Pikachu Will Be Played by Ryan Reynolds
- Flags to half-staff to remember day of infamy
- Fox to Take On John Green's Turtles All the Way Down
- Stipe Miocic To Defend Heavyweight Strap Against Francis Ngannou At UFC 220
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Earns News Impact Rating of 0.11