Some packaged apps were able to take advantage of USB-connected hardware, but if Google's figures are right, it seems like not many people cared for them. Chrome will not fully remove support for Chrome Apps on Windows, Mac or Linux until after Desktop PWA installability becomes available in 2018. The company explained that it chose to shutter apps from the Chrome browser simply because not a lot of people were actually using them. Provide remote assistance to Windows, Mac and Linux users, or access your Windows and Mac desktops at any time, all from the Chrome browser on virtually any device, including Chromebooks. Google hasn't announced anything yet for Chrome OS, but it's likely that Chrome apps might go away, too. Though you can still access the Extensions and Themes from the Chrome Web store. "We have been investigating ways to simplify the transition for developers that depend on exclusive Chrome App APIs, and will continue to focus on this - in particular the Sockets, HID and Serial APIs". "Another update will be posted here when a new date for the Chrome Apps EOL on Windows, Mac, and Linux has been finalized". Hosted apps function mostly like webpage bookmarks which could be conveniently pinned across parts of the user interface. The company has sent an email to developers, in which it was mentioned that Google was working to bring Progressive Web Apps to desktop and that it was planning to launch in the mid of 2018. Because of this, other companies are jumping on the PWA bandwagon: it works on Samsung Android phones in the Samsung browser, Firefox on Android, and Opera on Android.
Progressive Web Apps are not Chrome-specific.
Shares in Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) Purchased by WINTON GROUP Ltd
State Treasurer State Of Michigan reported 279,340 shares. 2,898 were reported by Inspirion Wealth Advisors Ltd Liability Com. Edward Jones upgraded shares of Marathon Petroleum from a "hold" rating to a "buy" rating in a report on Friday, October 6th.
This is the companion extension for the Chrome Remote Desktop website (https://remotedesktop.google.com). PWAs got a big boost to move beyond Android when Microsoft announced it was bringing PWAs to Windows 10, and even Apple has slowly started work on adding PWA support to Safari.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (WBA)- Stocks under Performance Radar
- Alternate juror supports murder acquittal in pier shooting
- Alexis and Ozil playing for Arsenal exits? Petit questions upturn in form
- Federation Internationale de Football Association lifts Kuwait ban; Gulf Cup to go ahead
- Wilson and Ovechkin lead Capitals past Blackhawks | 6-2
- Nissan to put robo-taxis on road in 2018
- Corey Feldman's 1993 audio recordings concerning alleged Hollywood pedophiles have been found
- Dragon's Crown Pro Confirmed For Western Release In Spring 2018
- Louisiana would be hard hit if DACA comes to an end
- American Electric Power Company, Inc. (NYSE:AEP) Overpriced by -2.1%?