More than 2,400 military personnel and civilians were killed and 1,178 were wounded in the bombing raid, with President Franklin D. Roosevelt declaring December 7 "a date which will live in infamy".
Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day occurs on December 7 of each year, designated in memory of the lives lost in the 1941 attack and to remember that we enjoy freedom thanks to their sacrifice.
Eating cheese every day may actually be good for you
Recent research shows, however, that saturated fat may be more benign than we think. Allen Stewart of Mount Sinai Medical Center's Ichan School of Medicine clarified.
The proclamation honors the 84 Naval Reservists from Minnesota who were "serving on active duty at Pearl Harbor when the first shot was sacked in defense of the United States, sinking a Japanese submarine attempting to infiltrate the harbor defenses before the attack". Its name came from the pearl oysters that once grew there. Clyde Rains; Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 528, with President Richard Adis; and American Legion Post 391, with Cmdr. They will attend special interfaith services, organize wreath-laying ceremonies, volunteer at VA hospitals and veterans nursing homes, arrange for veterans to speak in classrooms and hold special dinners for veterans at their units or Legion posts.
- The Rock Receiving Star on Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- Spellings, Jr. Sells 9379 Shares of Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) Stock
- Asus NovaGo with Qualcomm Snapdragon ecosystem launched: Price, specifications, etc
- Drilling Down Into JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM)
- Pentagon: US committed to Syria until ISIS areas stabilized
- BMO Capital Markets Initiates Coverage on Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO)
- Chiefs Suspend Marcus Peters
- Why Arshi will become the new captain
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Earns News Impact Rating of 0.11
- China says Indian drone 'invaded' its airspace, crashed