Air quality in Delhi has been hovering between the "poor" and "very poor" categories but was not "severe" since November 13. Some of the Sri Lankan players had fallen sick. The safe limit for PM2.5 and PM10 is 60 and 100 ug/m3 respectively. The AQI level in the capital was recorded in the "severe" zone for seven days between November 7 and November 13.
On November 14, Lucknow had earned the dubious distinction of being the most polluted city in the country with AQI of 484. This is classified as "very poor", which comes with the warning that people may develop respiratory illness on prolonged exposure. According to scientists and meteorologists, high relative humidity and low wind speed spiked pollution levels in the city. However, it is menacingly close to the "severe" category. Play was halted for 17 minutes in the post-lunch session after the visitors, led by their skipper Dinesh Chandimal, wanted to leave the field of play complaining of severe pollution. As per the Air Quality Index (AQI) data, Delhi's Lodhi Road area has prominent pollutant PM 2.5 in "very poor" category.
An AQI between 0-50 is considered Good, 51-100 Satisfactory, 101-200 Moderate, 201-300 Poor, 301-400 Very Poor, and 401-500 Severe.
Nikki Haley thinks USA athletes could skip the Olympics
The Winter Games are slated to run February 9-25 in Pyeongchang, only some 50 miles from the North Korea border. But Mutko said that the interests of Russia's athletes were his top concern.
Lucknow was 88 units above Delhi in pollution levels.
However, there are phases, when such spikes are seen even during December and January, mostly due to rapid drop in temperature and high moisture content, factors that trap particulates near the surface.
The average Air Quality Index (AQI) for Delhi on Monday was 390, on a scale of 500.
- Pentagon admits United States has 2000 troops in Syria
- Uber paid 20-year-old man to hide hack, destroy data
- Bulls lead Pacers 55-39 at halftime
- German SPD leader says brown coal exit must not hurt workers
- Analyst's Predictions on MGM Resorts International (MGM), Hi-Crush Partners LP (HCLP)
- HWL Final: India knock out Belgium via penalty shootout, enter semi-finals
- Senior North Korean diplomat meets United Nations political affairs chief
- Global Harmonic Drive Market Outlook 2017 Growth, Trends and Forecasts 2022
- Chevron Corporation (CVX) Holdings Lifted by GW Henssler & Associates Ltd.
- Arsenal boss Wenger disagrees with Champions League system