David Cassidy deliberately left his daughter out of his will and bequeathed his entire estate to his son, Beau, instead.
His will states that his assets, worth about $US150,000, will be left to his 26-year-old son Beau, while any music memorabilia would go to Cassidy's three half-brothers.
Following her dad's death, devastated Katie shared her father's last words, writing on Twitter: "Words cant express the solace our family's received from all the love & support during this trying time".
The star told People magazine in 2009: "I didn't have to parent her".
Katie and David have had a strained relationship over the years, with David previously admitting that she was exclusively raised by her mum, former model Sherry Williams.
"I was in denial, but a part of me always knew this was coming", said Cassidy, who watched his grandfather battle the disease and witnessed his mother "disappear" into dementia until she died at age 89.
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle greet fans in English city
The couple's visit to Nottingham was their first official commitment since they announced their engagement on Monday. They said: "Ms Markle can not wait to meet numerous young people Prince Harry has told her so much about".
Cassidy, who died November 21 at age 67, recently reconciled with his daughter after an estrangement, but didn't change his will to reflect that, the Miami Herald reported. The publication revealed that Cassidy chose to not leave anything to his daughter, Katie, perhaps due to their strained relationship.
The arrangements were revealed in documents obtained by the Blast on Wednesday.
"It is my specific intent not to provide any benefits hereunder to Katherine Evelyn Cassidy and/or any descendant of Katherine Evelyn Cassidy", David wrote in the will. "She has a completely different life".
In a tweet after her father's passing, Katie Cassidy thanked fans for their well wishes and also revealed that Cassidy's final words were, "So much wasted time".
The will was drafted in 2004 and originally named his then-wife Susan as personal representative, but the role fell to his cousin after their divorce in 2016. "[But] I'm proud of her". Katie and Cassidy were last pictured together at a red carpet event in 2007.
- Vine co-founder teases Vine 2 on Twitter
- Met Éireann issue snow and ice warning ahead of the weekend
- Murphy Oil Corporation (MUR) VP John B. Gardner Sells 3783 Shares
- German SPD leader says brown coal exit must not hurt workers
- Iraq militia threatens USA forces after Trump Jerusalem move
- Mourinho hails 'world best' De Gea as United beat Arsenal
- Arsenal boss Wenger disagrees with Champions League system
- Global Harmonic Drive Market Outlook 2017 Growth, Trends and Forecasts 2022
- Want to trade efficiently? Check out: The Charles Schwab Corporation (SCHW)
- Pentagon admits United States has 2000 troops in Syria