Chatwood, 27, was 8-15 with a 4.69 ERA in 33 appearances (25 starts) for the Colorado Rockies last season. He struck out 120 batters in 147 2/3 innings and struggled with his control at times, walking 77 batters for a 4.7 walks-per-nine-innings rate. On the road, he recorded a 3.49 ERA and held foes to a.200 batting average.
German skier dies after crashing during NorAm race at Lake Louise
The skier was taken to the Foothills Hospital in Calgary by STARS air ambulance after crashing into safety netting at about 2:20 p.m.
While some will dismiss Chatwood based on his lifetime 4.31 ERA and 1.49 WHIP, wise fantasy owners are aware that he posted a solid 3.18 ERA on the road (5.17 ERA at home) during his tenure with the Rockies.
A second-round Draft pick by the Angels in 2008, Chatwood was traded to the Rockies in November 2011 for catcher Chris Iannetta.
He will fit in the back end of the rotation behind Jon Lester, Kyle Hendricks and Jose Quintana. Mike Montgomery will once again prepare as a starter in spring training and fill a rotation role as needed.
The signing of Chatwood does not remove the Cubs from the free agent market.
- Sheeran tops Spotify's most-streamed list
- 3 struck, injured by auto in Manhattan
- Starbucks Christmas Tree Frappuccinos Are Here - But Only For A Few Days
- French Rock Star and Actor Johnny Hallyday Dies at 74
- Offaly included in fresh snow and ice warning from Met Éireann
- Trading Vision: Active Stock Focus on Shares of Ciena Corporation (NYSE:CIEN)
- Huawei Mate 9 ready to receive Android 8.0 Oreo update in China
- Ford Fired By Morgan Stanley In Harassment Investigation
- California Wildfires Continue to Spread, Closing Freeways and Destroying Homes
- Incyte Corporation (INCY) on Focus After Trading At 52-Week Lows