China on Thursday claimed that an Indian drone violated country's airspace and crashed, reported global media. "We express strong dissatisfaction and opposition", said Zhang Shuili, a senior military official in China's western battle zone command, according to a Defence Ministry statement.
Zhang did not give details about when or where the incident happened.
While India and Bhutan said that it violated the status quo along the India-Bhutan-China worldwide trijunction, Beijing claimed that it was China's territory.
Chinese border troops "took a professional and responsible attitude" and carried out identification verification of the device, Zhang added.
The Indian embassy in Beijing declined to comment.
Canada invites 32 players to Junior Team selection camp
Following the selection camp, Canada will pick the final group of 22 players. The camp begins Tuesday and will continue until December 15.
China and India have tried to develop two-way ties in recent years but there is still deep distrust over the border dispute.
Hu Zhiyong, a research fellow at the Institute of International Relations of the Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences, has said that India is provoking the U.S. by projecting Chinese People Liberation Army (PLA) navy as a direct rival of the Americans.
Both New Delhi and Beijing eventually agreed to pull back their troops towards the end of August ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to China for the G20 Summit.
The latest episode has fed into a broader competition for regional influence between the two Asian powers.
But the proposed economic corridor has alarmed India, partly because one of the links cut through Pakistan-administered Kashmir, disputed territory that New Delhi claims is illegally occupied.
- US Health Care Spending Reached $3.3 Trillion in 2016
- Weight loss can reverse type 2 diabetes
- NY flight to Seattle forced to make emergency potty break
- Ronda Rousey Finishing Deal To Join WWE
- EJF Capital LLC Has $475000 Stake in Cone Midstream Partners LP (CNNX)
- Seahawks' Wilson earns NFC Offensive Player of Week
- Coca Cola Company (KO) Holding Held by Franklin Street Advisors Inc
- Delhi government relents, says Odd-Even rule to have no exceptions
- Record-breaking python caught and killed in Florida Everglades
- Iran President Cautions Muslims about Conspiracies against Quds