Can Chance the Rapper do something mean, please?
SocialWorks is co-founded by Chance and aims to empower youth through the arts, education and civic engagement, while fostering leadership, accessiblity and positivity within the youth throughout Chicaco, according to its website.
Marking the third anniversary of Hawkins' death, Chance teamed with Nike to give away 300 pairs of limited edition red Air Jordan 11 Retro sneakers, which hasn't been released yet and will retail for $220. Now he is getting a major boast from tech giant Google to help kids who want to learn coding.
"The research says that 65 percent of grade school kids are going to be working in careers that don't exist today", Google.Org Principal Justin Steele said. God bless everyone involved.
Flags to half-staff to remember day of infamy
Clyde Rains; Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 528, with President Richard Adis; and American Legion Post 391, with Cmdr. Roosevelt declaring December 7 "a date which will live in infamy".
Chance posted this tweet following the event, thanking everyone for their participation.
Shortly after, Alphabet's Senior Vice President of Corporate Development, David Drummond, announced that Google.com will also donate $500,000 to Chicago Public Schools' CS4All, the city's computer science education program. Google officials said the company believes computer science is a critical part of education and helps students and educators develop technical skills for the future.
Executive director of SocialWorks, Justin Cunningham, said in a statement, "Our grant with Google.org helps SocialWorks provide programming that sheds light on another pathway to success for young Chicagoans". Last month, he got another million from Jewel-Osco that will goes towards his New Chance: Arts & Literature Fund.
- Al Jazira beat Auckland City in FIFA Club World Cup opener
- Gourde keys Lightning surge in 6-2 win over Islanders
- Automatic Data Processing In Com (ADP) Shareholder Assetmark INC Upped Its Stake
- Alternate juror supports murder acquittal in pier shooting
- Evaluating today's stock market for: Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (APD)
- Aberdeen shut the door on Rangers
- Cyclone Ockhi: 1400 safe, efforts won't stop, says Nirmala Sitharaman
- Body Cam Footage of Ralph Shortey Arrest Released
- Weird! Buhari 'Commissions' Release of 500 Prisoners in Kano
- Chiefs Suspend Marcus Peters