The CEO of Nordea Bank called bitcoin a "joke" and an "absurd" construction earlier this week, while the head of Denmark's largest pension fund said the currency is "something we basically don't feel comfortable with". As the price of Bitcoin goes up, the regulators are racing to catch up with the impact is going to be in financial market.
This year has seen the cryptocurrency rise all the way from the $1,000 back in January, as it increasingly gains traction across mainstream markets. However, the low today was at around $11,560, which is basically nothing compared to the total increase day after day.
Scott Frost named National Coach of the Year
The awards and honors continue to pour in for new Nebraska head coach Scott Frost. The Home Depot Coach of the Year Award was first handed out in 1994.
According to Coinbase, the one-year change in bitcoin's value is +1421.64%, which means that the currency was worth around $800 last year. This upbeat and bullish run that the Bitcoin is experiencing is also helping lesser coin, or altcoins, to gain ample traction in the community. Upcoming trade in bitcoin futures may be boosting priceJust recently three bitcoin future exchanges were approved in the USA and one will begin later this month. Many argue that this is partly responsible for the recent surge in the price of bitcoin.
This could result in a new surge of money into bitcoin. Though many investors and chief executives of tech firms have criticized bitcoin, it continued to grow exponentially. Many expect a correction at any time and others even expect a crash but so far every dip has been followed by another rise and a new record high.
For all the interest in bitcoin as an investment, few actually use it as a currency to buy and sell goods.
- Holder Symmetry Peak Management LLC Lifted Nvidia Corp (Put) (NVDA) Holding
- Unscheduled landing for Air NZ flight
- Facebook App For iPhone Aimed At Catering to Child Users
- Cold air, gusty winds continue to push into region
- Huawei Nova 2s's Alleged Color Variants Leaked Before Launch
- Nigel Adkins Appointed Manager Of Hull City
- GVC ups stakes in United Kingdom gambling with $5.2 billion Ladbrokes bid
- Avocado 'as big as my head' could be world record
- KEPCO Poised to Land UK Nuclear Power Plant Deal
- To promote cashless transactions, RBI reduces MDR charges for debit cards