Spain has made its largest cocaine bust in 18 years, the Interior Ministry said on Tuesday, after more than 5,800 kg of the drug were discovered on a container ship travelling from Medellin in Colombia.
Nearly six tonnes of cocaine has been found hidden among bananas on board a ship in the port of Algeciras, in southern Spain.
Spanish police display packages of cocaine which were seized in a shipment of bananas from Colombia in a container in the port of Algeciras, Spain in this undated handout photo released by Guardia Civil-Ministerio del Interior on December 5, 2017.
Spain has announced its second-biggest cocaine seizure ever, a near six metric-ton haul with a street value estimated at 210 million euros ($250 million).
Police officer and 91-year-old woman killed in Berkshire road crash
Thames Valley Police said the closest relative of both PC Dixon and the expired lady have been educated. Emergency services remain at the scene and drivers are being advised to avoid the area.
The container was destined for El Prat de Llobregat, a municipality just south of Barcelona.
This is the second largest ever seizure of cocaine by Spanish authorities.
The cocaine had been divided into 5,299 blocks, each weighing around a kilogram, which is usually a sign that it is to be distributed to "different destinations and organizations".
The drug shipment - alleged to be worth $259 million - is one of the biggest found in Europe in the past decades, according to the BBC.
- Moffett Nathanson: "Time To "Buy" Home Depot (NYSE:HD)"
- Whom should CSK and Rajasthan retain for IPL 2018?
- Indiana Pacers Coast to Easy Win Over the Depleted New York Knicks
- Mogherini, Tillerson discuss Jerusalem, Iran
- 'Hate Story' actress Paoli Dam ties the knot with businessman beau
- TIME announces 2017 'Person of the Year'
- Xiaomi Redmi 5, Redmi 5 Plus Price Leaked Ahead Of Launch
- Fernwood Investment Management LLC Grows Stake in Universal Display Corporation (OLED)
- Yemeni women protest for body of slain leader Saleh
- Apple CEO hopeful banned apps will return to China store