US President Donald Trump will deliver his speech, expecting the US president to "recognize the reality" that Jerusalem has always been the capital of Israel and to declare the move to the US diplomatic mission from Tel Aviv and which for decades remained a reason of contention between Israelis and Palestinians.
In an appeal at the end of his weekly general audience, Pope Francis called for all to honor United Nations resolutions on the city, which is sacred to Jews, Christians and Muslims.
"At the same time, I appeal strongly for all to respect the city's status quo, in accordance with the relevant United Nations resolutions".
LaVar Ball Removes Son LiAngelo From UCLA
LaMelo and his father sat courtside last week to watch Lonzo play for the Lakers. It's just you and the officers and they don't speak English".
The pope spoke at the end of his weekly general audience December 6, the same day President Trump was expected to announce his decision to move the US embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv, fulfilling a promise he made during his presidential campaign.
Before the audience, Pope Francis met with religious leaders from Palestine attending a meeting sponsored by the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue.
He said: "The primary condition of that dialogue is reciprocal respect and a commitment to strengthening that respect, for the sake of recognising the rights of all people, wherever they happen to be".
Another paper, the An-Nahar, compared Trump to the late British Foreign Secretary Arthur Balfour who hundreds of years ago issued a public statement now known as the Balfour declaration that supported the creation a national home for the Jewish people in the territory know as Palestine.
- TVS Apache RR 310 Launched at Rs. 2.05 Lakhs
- Romania's Former King Michael Dies In Switzerland At 96
- United Kingdom rail fares set for biggest increase in five years in January
- Express Scripts Holding Company (NASDAQ:ESRX) Moves Higher 10.88% For The Week
- Poundland owner Steinhoff sees its shares crash by 60%
- Another batch of 257 Nigerians arrive from Libya
- Tim Cahill Leaves Melbourne
- Insider Activity: Is Management Buying Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS)?
- Never asked Sibal to get Ayodhya case postponed: Sunni Board
- YouTube will hire more reviewers to censor extremist content