NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said this at the Meeting of NATO Ministers of Foreign Affairs in Brussels on Wednesday, a Brussels-based Ukrinform correspondent reports.
Opening the Commission meeting, the Secretary General said the Alliance was "strongly committed to Georgia's security and territorial integrity".
According to the Minister, "Georgia's progress was very positively evaluated by all North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies, both in terms of democratic consolidation and economic development, as well as the military and defense reforms". "So we will begin with a meeting on NATO-EU relations and European defense".
"And our aim is to make military mobility a new flagship for the NATO-EU cooperation", he added.
"Our armed forces are increasingly capable of operating together and planning is already underway for the 2019 NATO-Georgia joint military exercise", Stoltenberg said.
The alliance and the European Union will also examine better ways to share information to counter terrorist threats, the secretary general said.
BMO Capital Raises Ball (NYSE:BLL) Stock To a Outperform Rating
Vantage Invest Advsrs Limited Liability reported 0.01% of its portfolio in Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (NYSE:LH). Qs Limited Liability Com holds 0% of its portfolio in Ball Corporation (NYSE:BLL) for 11,728 shares.
Stoltenberg also called on the global community to put pressure on Pyongyang, including sanctions, after a recent ballistic missile test which North Korea said was its strongest ever.
"We will assess our training and capacity building support for partners like Iraq and Jordan", he added. "As the coalition moves from combat operations to stabilization, we will consider how NATO's contribution should evolve".
Stoltenberg said the alliance partnership with Georgia is outstanding.
The secretary general stated that the implementation of the NATO-Georgia Substantial Package was marking "impressive progress".
Jens Stoltenberg delivering opening remarks before the NATO-Georgia Commission meeting, December 6, 2017.
"NATO continues to benefit from Georgia's advice on security issues relating to the Black Sea".
- Johanna Konta hires former Maria Sharapova coach Mike Joyce
- Temasek Holdings Private Ltd Acquires 13068 Shares of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (REGN)
- Moffett Nathanson Now Covering Tractor Supply (NASDAQ:TSCO)
- US Private Sector Employment Climbs More Than Expected In November
- IPad vs. Mi Pad: Apple siegt vor dem EU-Gericht gegen Xiaomi
- Lennar Corporation (LEN) — Recommendation Trends Analysis
- Gastro hits cruise ship docked in Hobart
- Okorocha appoints sister commissioner for Happiness and Couples' Fulfillment
- Arizona vs. Texas A&M - 12/5/17 College Basketball Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- #EndSARS: Senate Sets Up Committee To Investigate Allegations Against SARS