The flu season is in full swing, which has families flocking to the get vaccinated, but an ABC News report said medical experts are warning that the vaccine may not be effective this season.
To predict what flu season will be like, scientists monitor activity in Australia because the southern hemisphere experiences winter during our summer. Hospitalization and deaths were much higher than the national average.
More than 1,500 people in Missouri have the flu, with the southeastern part of the state having the most cases. Anyone can die from the flu.
Fauci said flu is inherently unpredictable, but all of the available evidence right now suggests that the flu season that begins in the USA this month won't be a light one. A team of researchers from the World Health Organization meet in order to identify the strains of flu that they believe will infect most people. That's what makes the Australia news worrisome, as the main flu strain there was H3N2, the vaccine there was only about 10% effective against that strain, and the H3N2 portion of that vaccine is the same one we'll use.
Experts say the flu is particularly bad this year, and the flu shot isn't as effective as it once was, leaving healthcare professionals bracing for impact as the holidays and cooler temperatures approach.
Stephen Bannon is going back on the radio
Officials said a new Los Angeles-based show will be co-hosted by two Breitbart editors, Rebecca Mansour and Joel Pollak. Bannon said in a statement that he had always planned to return to radio after he left the White House in August.
"Reports from Australia have caused mounting concern, with record-high numbers of laboratory-confirmed influenza notifications and outbreaks and higher-than-average numbers of hospitalizations and deaths", a team of USA researchers wrote in an article published November 29 in the New England Journal of Medicine.
"By the time the vaccine is prepared and applied, it (flu strain) already changed".
However, even an imperfect vaccine can help prevent or lessen the severity of illness, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control.
In addition to getting the flu shot, there are some other things that you can do in order to reduce your risk of contracting the flu.
- IPad vs. Mi Pad: Apple siegt vor dem EU-Gericht gegen Xiaomi
- Gastro hits cruise ship docked in Hobart
- Arizona vs. Texas A&M - 12/5/17 College Basketball Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- Mueller subpoenas bank records in Russian Federation probe
- (THS) Shares Sold by Cramer Rosenthal Mcglynn LLC
- Public Safety Department Unveils Text-to-911 Emergency Technology
- Temasek Holdings Private Ltd Acquires 13068 Shares of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (REGN)
- Moffett Nathanson Now Covering Tractor Supply (NASDAQ:TSCO)
- Hornets Coach Steve Clifford Steps away From Team to Address Health
- Xiaomi Seeks Bank Pitches for IPO