"In the light of this new analysis, the DOH (Department of Health) will place the dengue vaccination programme on hold while review and consultation is ongoing with experts, key stakeholders, and the WHO (World Health Organization)", a government statement said.
The French pharmaceutical expects a 100 million euro loss in the fourth quarter due to the findings from a six-year clinical trial, it said.
It said Wednesday that a new study has confirmed Dengvaxia's benefits for "those who had prior infection".
A spokesman for the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) said yesterday it is working with Sanofi Pasteur to "strengthen the package insert" to include the warning of an increased risk of hospitalisation for dengue and clinically severe dengue in vaccinated individuals not previously infected by dengue.
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) Stake Boosted by Mitsubishi UFJ Trust & Banking Corp
Woodmont Investment Counsel Llc decreased Wisdomtree Tr (DXJ) stake by 34,640 shares to 12,400 valued at $645,000 in 2017Q2. Archford Capital Strategies LLC increased its stake in shares of Occidental Petroleum by 11.4% in the first quarter.
Dr Ng Su Peing, global medical head of Sanofi Pasteur, said: "These findings highlight the complex nature of dengue infection".
Dengvaxia is the first vaccine to gain approval for the dengue virus, which is a mosquito-borne viral disease with no cure.
Sanofi noted that between 70% and 90% of people in countries where dengue is endemic will be exposed to the virus at least once by the time they reach adolescence.
Sales of Dengvaxia have been relatively negligible, amounting to only €22 million (about $26 million) through the first 9 months of 2017 as operational hurdles to public vaccination programs and lower disease incidence in Latin America have slowed uptake.
- The first true Apple Watch medical accessory was just approved by regulators
- Congress leader Shehzad Poonawalla slams party of practicing dynasty politics
- Scientists are trying to put a global ban on glitter
- Tennessee working on deal to hire Mike Leach
- Terrorists attack Agriculture Directorate in Peshawar
- Japan's Emperor, Akihito, Sets Date for Abdication
- Toronto Blue Jays TV Analyst Gregg Zaun Fired Over Inappropriate Behavior Claims
- Service returns after WhatsApp reports outage affecting users around the world
- Nigeria flies migrants home from Libya after slavery scare
- Surveillance video captures missing teen with her soccer coach in gas station