"In the light of this new analysis, the DOH (Department of Health) will place the dengue vaccination programme on hold while review and consultation is ongoing with experts, key stakeholders, and the WHO (World Health Organization)", a government statement said.
The French pharmaceutical expects a 100 million euro loss in the fourth quarter due to the findings from a six-year clinical trial, it said.
It said Wednesday that a new study has confirmed Dengvaxia's benefits for "those who had prior infection".
A spokesman for the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) said yesterday it is working with Sanofi Pasteur to "strengthen the package insert" to include the warning of an increased risk of hospitalisation for dengue and clinically severe dengue in vaccinated individuals not previously infected by dengue.
Kyle Walker praises Gareth Southgate influence on England camp
And the Three Lions' manager believes his side will present problems for whoever they're selected to play in Russian Federation . HARRY KANE has been challenged to prove he is among the best in the business by becoming a World Cup hero.
Dr Ng Su Peing, global medical head of Sanofi Pasteur, said: "These findings highlight the complex nature of dengue infection".
Dengvaxia is the first vaccine to gain approval for the dengue virus, which is a mosquito-borne viral disease with no cure.
Sanofi noted that between 70% and 90% of people in countries where dengue is endemic will be exposed to the virus at least once by the time they reach adolescence.
Sales of Dengvaxia have been relatively negligible, amounting to only €22 million (about $26 million) through the first 9 months of 2017 as operational hurdles to public vaccination programs and lower disease incidence in Latin America have slowed uptake.
- Congress leader Shehzad Poonawalla slams party of practicing dynasty politics
- Toyota FT-AC concept likely previews the next RAV4
- Surveillance video captures missing teen with her soccer coach in gas station
- Rapper DMX pleads guilty to USA tax fraud charge
- Tesla builds world's biggest battery in Australian Outback
- Grammy Snubs: What the Stars Are Saying (Or Not Saying)
- Owner of seven Valley radio stations files Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Denver Nuggets' Nikola Jokic Will Not Return to Bulls Game
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) Stake Boosted by Mitsubishi UFJ Trust & Banking Corp
- Japan's Emperor, Akihito, Sets Date for Abdication