It takes around eight to nine years to grow a Christmas tree, so it's just starting to hurt this holiday season.
North Carolina Christmas Tree Association Executive Director Jennifer Greene says there's a more limited supply of Fraser fir trees this year.
Bill Jacobs, who owns and operates the Owasso Christmas Tree and Berry Farm with his wife, Paula, said they heard about the potential Christmas tree shortage a few months earlier when they were preparing for this season.
The best way to prevent bringing bugs into your home is to shake it, many tree lots do this for you, but be sure to do it before loading it up.
NASA's Mars soil simulant witnesses earthworm reproduction, crop growth
They thrive on dead organic matter such as old plant remains which they eat, chew and mix with soil before they excrete it. That's an important improvement for the simulated Mars soil, which water struggled to soak through in previous tests.
Our question is, what type of Christmas tree do you prefer? And because his farm ships in different varieties of trees from OR and North Carolina, he expects it will affect his business but not as hard as others.
"That is one thing that is watched very closely by the farmers", said Salesman Douglas Brown, "When they find something like that, they are treated... a lot of preventive treatment is done to them to keep them from even getting in". That's because tree prices are expected to increase 10%, according to the National Christmas Tree Association.
Nearly a decade later, those trees are now on the market, but there are fewer of them available at a time when more people are trying to buy trees, the report said.
- Tardy Air India Passenger Slaps Official At Delhi Airport. She Slaps Back
- Russian Astronaut Says Extraterrestrial Bacteria Found On International Space Station
- Kim Kardashian Announced Her New Highlighters With The Most Extra Ad Possible
- No IFFI screening for 'S Durga', CBFC orders reexamination
- China Development Bank files insolvency suit against debt-ridden Reliance Communication
- VR headset quarterly shipments hit one million units for the first time
- Deputy PM resigns, averting Irish government collapse and snap election
- MI football misses opportunities in 31-20 loss to Ohio State
- Will the Crimson Tide Make the Playoffs?
- Barracuda Networks, Inc. (CUDA) Rating Reiterated by KeyCorp