In a tweet on Friday, President Trump claimed he "took a pass" on being TIME Magazine's 2017 "Person of the Year" after the publication reportedly called and said they'd "probably" offer him the spot.
President Donald Trump claimed he was one of the top candidates for TIME magazine's "Person of the Year", but made a decision to pass on the opportunity because of certain obligations.
But Trump said he declined because "probably" wasn't good enough.
President Trump claimed on Twitter earlier tonight that he rejected an interview and photo shoot from Time Magazine for their TIME's Person of the Year issue. "But I'm sure you still have that fake TIME cover somewhere in storage".
Trump was previously named Time's 2016 "Person of the Year".
Time did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Disney, Menzel, Lovato sued over Frozen's 'Let it Go'
The famous song " Let it Go " from the film Frozen is now at the center of a lawsuit, according to multiple reports. Although Volar got a three year head start on YouTube, it hasn't quite reached the same audience of Let It Go yet.
TIME recently defined its "Person of the Year" as "a person (or people) who has had the most influence over the news in the last 12 months".
"FYI, this sounds like part of the normal Person of the Year production process", journalist Brian Stelter tweeted Friday.
"They used to call it "Man of the Year" but they can't do that anymore so they call it person - they want to be politically correct, that's OK", he said at a rally in Iowa.
But Trump didn't mention that in his tweet, instead hinting that interviews are a waste of time. Saudi Arabia's crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, led Trump by 16 percent. Trump comes in at a distant second at 5%, at a tie with The Dreamers and #MeToo.
Using his favorite means of communication, Trump said he turned down the honor because Time Magazine didn't fully commit.
- Super NES Classic Edition Back at Best Buy Stores Saturday
- Jeff Bezos' net worth breaks $100 billion on Black Friday
- Real Madrid midfielder Asensio to miss Malaga match with injury
- Davidson & Garrard Inc. Raises Holdings in Schlumberger NV (SLB)
- Mother requires that the "Sleeping Beauty" should be removed from schools!
- S&P downgrades SA's local currency debt to 'junk' status
- NFL Week 12 Preview: Dolphins at Patriots
- Winslow Asset Management Inc. Reduces Holdings in Chevron Corporation (CVX)
- Pinnacle Wealth Management Advisory Group LLC Increases Stake in Wells Fargo & Company
- A delve into Institutional Ownership at Nabors Industries Ltd. (NBR)