In a tweet on Friday, President Trump claimed he "took a pass" on being TIME Magazine's 2017 "Person of the Year" after the publication reportedly called and said they'd "probably" offer him the spot.
President Donald Trump claimed he was one of the top candidates for TIME magazine's "Person of the Year", but made a decision to pass on the opportunity because of certain obligations.
But Trump said he declined because "probably" wasn't good enough.
President Trump claimed on Twitter earlier tonight that he rejected an interview and photo shoot from Time Magazine for their TIME's Person of the Year issue. "But I'm sure you still have that fake TIME cover somewhere in storage".
Trump was previously named Time's 2016 "Person of the Year".
Time did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Winslow Asset Management Inc. Reduces Holdings in Chevron Corporation (CVX)
The stock of Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX) has "Outperform" rating given on Tuesday, September 13 by BMO Capital Markets. Royal Financial Bank Of Canada accumulated 1,000 shares or 0% of the stock. 53,805 were reported by Fairfield Bush And.
TIME recently defined its "Person of the Year" as "a person (or people) who has had the most influence over the news in the last 12 months".
"FYI, this sounds like part of the normal Person of the Year production process", journalist Brian Stelter tweeted Friday.
"They used to call it "Man of the Year" but they can't do that anymore so they call it person - they want to be politically correct, that's OK", he said at a rally in Iowa.
But Trump didn't mention that in his tweet, instead hinting that interviews are a waste of time. Saudi Arabia's crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, led Trump by 16 percent. Trump comes in at a distant second at 5%, at a tie with The Dreamers and #MeToo.
Using his favorite means of communication, Trump said he turned down the honor because Time Magazine didn't fully commit.
- Jordin Sparks Is Expecting a Baby Boy
- Day charges ahead at Australian Open
- International Day to End Violence against Women & Girls tomorrow By
- NFL Week 12 Preview: Dolphins at Patriots
- What Does Insider Trading Tell Us About Adobe Systems Incorporated (ADBE)?
- Jeff Bezos' net worth breaks $100 billion on Black Friday
- Davidson & Garrard Inc. Raises Holdings in Schlumberger NV (SLB)
- CANCELLED: FDLE issues missing child alert
- Crude Oil At Fresh 2-Year Peak
- Mother requires that the "Sleeping Beauty" should be removed from schools!