Gunners boss Arsene Wenger had highlighted Leon Goretzka as the player he wanted to sign once Ozil quits the Emirates.
The battle between the PL sides could be an intriguing one but perhaps Klopp may have an upper hand not only because of his German connection but also because Goretzka could play Champions League football with the Reds if he joins in the winter transfer window.
But his defensive ability would make him an upgrade on Ozil if Arsenal somehow pulled off a transfer.
Given Arsenal will not need to spend a transfer fee on Goretzka, the German is likely to command a large signing-on fee.
One of the biggest names that will be on the market in June is the versatile German midfielder Leon Goretzka, who is now at Schalke in the Bundesliga.
Denis Doyle GettyImages
They claim the player's representatives have already met with Barca officials to discuss a possible move to La Liga. However, should either of those two want his services, it appears that they'll have to swoop in for him in January.
Because he is under 24, the Bundesliga club would be due a compensation payment if he did run down his contract and leave at the end of the season.
"Germany always have good footballers and he's one of them".
Goretzka has made 128 appearances across all competitions for Schalke over a four-year stint since signing from VFL Bochum in 2013, yet is widely expected to leave the Bundesliga title contenders when his current contract expires at the end of the season.
Israeli Diplomat Under Fire For Questioning American Jews' Military Service
Earlier this month, Princeton University Hillel withdrew an invitation to her because of past comments regarding Israeli Arabs. Jews live in Israel and a considerable number of young people serve in the military, Haaretz reported.
- Oh No! Manny Pacquiao is Now Trolling With 2018 Conor McGregor Fight
- Another Woman Has Accused Jeremy Piven of Sexual Misconduct
- Christmas tree shortage could increase prices
- Kellyanne Conway Basically Tells People to Vote for Roy Moore
- Mitsubishi Materials shares tumble after firm says units falsified product data
- Best Buy Black Friday In Stores: Doorbusters, Ad, Tickets And Plans
- Mississippi State QB Nick Fitzgerald leaves game with leg injury
- Flynn reportedly cut ties with Trump, indicating potential cooperation with Mueller
- Razer Phone officially launches in Singapore
- Everson Griffen Needs Your Help to Name His Newborn Son