The 5-11, 198-pound played in 140 games in 10 National Football League seasons with the Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New England Patriots (2014).
The Chiefs signed the seven-time Pro Bowl cornerback out of free agency on Wednesday, nine months after the Jets released him following a disappointing reunion. Terms of the deal were not immediately known.
Help is on the way for the Kansas City Chiefs' beleaguered defensive backfield.
Revis was due to count $15.3 million against the Jets' 2017 salary cap before his release in March, which came 11 days after he was charged with four felonies after allegedly being involved in a fight with two men. He had a disappointing 2016 campaign in his second year back with the team that drafted him, intercepting one pass while struggling to keep up with receivers who were younger and suddenly faster than he was.
Wichita police deliver Thanksgiving meals to people in need
Chartwells, the company that runs Texas A&M's dining halls, is pitching in the space, food, and chefs. She was all smiles when the Healey family brought in bags and boxes with food, including a turkey.
Andy Reid went on to point out Revis is familiar with Kansas City DC Bob Sutton, who held the same position in NY while the defensive back was there.
In a 10 year career with the Jets, Buccaneers, and Patriots Revis has amassed 485 tackles, 137 passes defended, 29 interceptions, six forced fumbles and 12 fumble recoveries.
He ranks third in franchise history with 25 interceptions.
"We're excited to add Darrelle to the roster", Chiefs coach Andy Reid said. "He's had a Hall of Fame career and his leadership and playing experience will be valuable to our defense".
- Senator: White House Economic Advisor Gary Cohn Hung Up On Trump
- Voting Begins For First Phase In 24 Districts
- Cloudy, cool Wednesday ahead for Tri
- MS-13 gang member arrested for murder; victim stabbed over 100 times
- Price Target Analysis Microsoft Corporation (MSFT)
- Invesco High (NYSE:VLT) Trading Up - Short interest fell by -6.00%
- Dramatic Video Shows How Turkey Fryer Can Cause Rampant Fire in Seconds
- Trading Patterns In Focus: Juniper Networks, Inc. (JNPR), Infosys Limited (INFY)
- 49ers claim Cassius Marsh
- Lowe's Companies, Inc. (LOW): Insider Trading and Ownership Analysis